Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan24

Programmer
Apr 28, 2004
GB
CM v5.1.2 I have Cvg Enabled for VDN Route-To Party set to yes on a coverage path where point 2 is another VDN, when the call gets to the vector it plays an announcement but goes no further.
I heard a rumour that this had been sorted, I guess not or is there something else I need to set?
Many thanks
Alan

Can I give you a quick summary.
External call to vdn - to vec - route to virt extn - to cov path - point1 cov answer grp - Point2 vdn - to vec which plays an announcement which says "To leave a message press 1 or continue hold for the next available agent"
Up to this point everything is fine.
If you press 1 it should route to an x port with a cov path straight to Audix, but you get cut off
If you do nothing it should route you to a vitual ext with a cov path to a cov answer grp, but again you get cut off.
Actually I may have answered my own question, I will let you know.
Cheers
Alan

On the second vector after the announcement if you press 1 you now go to Audix and get to leave a message, happy days.
But if you hold you should be routed to a virtual extn that covers to a coverage answer group, this does not happen, you get cut off.
If when you hold I route the call off switch and back in works fine, but I don't really want to do this across several offices.
Any ideas?
Many thanks
Alan

I managed to get it working how I wanted using Attendant Vectoring, very useful if you are not licensed for Basic Vectoring.
Happy days.

To get around double coverage in those situations, I've also used a "Messaging skill xx for extension yy" command in the vector instead of routing to the actual extension. (where xx is the hunt group number of your Audix hunt group and yy is the mailbox extension.) It throws the caller into the mailbox without having to use a cover path.

Nice one marcell55, that does work as well.

Hi alan24,

Can you share your workings on this by using attd vectoring as i am having exactly the same problem.

thanks.

External call to VDN 1 (attendant vectoring = n) - vector 1 depending on time of day route to virtual extension with cov y if unconditional - virtual extension follows coverage path - coverage path (cvg enabled for VDN route-to party = y) Point1 coverage answer group for 6 rings Point2 VDN 2 - VDN 2 (attendant vectoring = y)- vector 2, if the caller presses 1 they are routed to Audix, if not the next step is goto vector 3 @step 1 if unconditionally - vector 3 (attendant vectoring = y)queue-to hunt-group xx for 30 seconds, next step goto vector 2 @step 1 if queue-fail

Hope this helps

FYI double coverage didn't work in CM 5.2.x until 5.2.1 SP3. I personally started using it in 5.2.1 SP4. Per the SP4 release notes (page 51 of the PDF) it states that it fixed this in SP3:
The "Cvg Enabled for VDN Route-To Party?" feature on "Coverage-path" worked only for the first "route-to" step in a vector.
I now have call flow that looks like this:
1. Go to vector (VDN)
2. Ring a hunt group which covers to a coverage path which has:
Point 1 = station
Point 2 = station
Point 3 = vector (VDN)
3. Vector routes to a station
4. Cover to the station's VM

Before I installed SP4 the second coverage (to the station's VM) would fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back