Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doorphone to cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipheart

Technical User
Sep 17, 2008
NL
Hello
We are trying to send Nortel doorphone to a cell phone.
Doorphone goes to a DN, this DN is forwarded to a cell phone.
When we push the doorphone button the cell phone is ringing but if we want to answer the call on the cell phone we get a disconnect.

BCM 400 R6.0

In the door phone programming there is a setting to ring the DN so many times, try setting to the highest setting 10 rings. It will ultimately be a hit and miss, time to connect, time to answer, busy conditions at cell phone, line availability to dial out.

Hi,

I have worked on this type of arrangemnt off and on. Everytime it connects to an outside line it will disconnect. I suspect it is a software safety feature so a door cannot be released remotely.

However I was able to make it work using a voip trunk from a sip provider for the out going call. I did not try a door release but was able to hold a conversation as if I was in the house. Very cool!

I don't have it working at the moment as I keep reconfiguring things.

Rob

We tried many changes in th DN settings
Nothing works
I will try the sip trunk and we will do some test with different doorphones at the office
Let you know if we can get this done

Hi,

Your problem here is that the doorphone is not intended to ring on external phones. For example: There are most likely no line pool programmed for the doorphone. You can try to adding them, but I don’t think that will do the job. I agree whit Curlycord that a analog intercom would be the best solution.

Greetz, FvR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back