Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door Phone Phantom DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangus581

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
Allright guys, here is what I am trying to do.

I installed a Door Phone, on ext 230. I want the door phone to ring a group of phones, say 201,202,207.

The only way I see of doing this, would be to set the doorphone to ring one ext (like 201) and then set 202 and 207 to have an answer DN of 201.

Problem is... that makes 202 and 207 ring EVERY TIME 201 does.

My current method is I took a 7406, and took the batt out. (not using the phone currently). Set the door phone to that ext (222) and set the others with the Answer DN of it.

This works pretty good, but there will be a time when I want that phone back.

My question is... Can I create a 'Phantom DN' to send the door phone calls to, and then set all the phones to have that Phantom for an answer DN?

Also.... any ideas for getting the door phone to page externally?

Thats Odd.... I thought I replied already

Here is the deal.... I want the door phone to only ring in the office during the day. But after hours, when only our 'plant employees' are in the building, I need it to ring a certain phone. Said phone already has an aux ringer, that rings through the PA/radio. Its really loud and obnoxious so I dont want it to ring during the day when there is people available to open the door.

I have the rest of it working.... This is the final hold out.

Thinking worst case, I will stagger it down in the HG's some, but that will leave some poor joker out in the cold while the door phone rings off the hook LOL

BTW, I notice HG changes dont seem to take effect right away?

set the HG to overflow to that certain phone in the plant, this will still ring in the office at night but it will make it to the plant phone which is better then nothing at all unless some1 can give a better idea.

You could go back to ans dn's, then forward a ringing set to the night phone after hours.

It sounds like a tradeoff, unless you found someone willing to get into programming twice a day and change the hunt group.

yeah.... that 'would' work. I was just looking for something that was a 'set it, forget it' deal.

Maybe an analog door phone on an ATA
ATA is hotlined to call another ATA
That ATA is hooked up to a Trunk port
That trunk port is in a Day and Night service modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back