Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door Phone Phantom DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangus581

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
Allright guys, here is what I am trying to do.

I installed a Door Phone, on ext 230. I want the door phone to ring a group of phones, say 201,202,207.

The only way I see of doing this, would be to set the doorphone to ring one ext (like 201) and then set 202 and 207 to have an answer DN of 201.

Problem is... that makes 202 and 207 ring EVERY TIME 201 does.

My current method is I took a 7406, and took the batt out. (not using the phone currently). Set the door phone to that ext (222) and set the others with the Answer DN of it.

This works pretty good, but there will be a time when I want that phone back.

My question is... Can I create a 'Phantom DN' to send the door phone calls to, and then set all the phones to have that Phantom for an answer DN?

Also.... any ideas for getting the door phone to page externally?

I forgot to mention.....

We are talking about an MICS 6.1 setup here.

what you need to do is set up a hunt group and point the door phone there and add the members of the hunt group eg"201 202 207

the hunt group route is the way to go...back b4 they had hunt groups we used to make the call dn a phanton and then add that phanton dn as the answer dn to the sets that you wanted the door to ring at.

I'm not sure if Norstars can do PhDN. I would like to know for sure though as I have several uses for PhDN. It would be nice to be able to assign them on a set by set basis. Kind of like being able to forward primary DN and allow calls on the PhDN to ring through.

i can tell you that they do work for what i used them for (call dn on doorphones)

To create a phantom DN it uses a port on the system.

Find out the DN of a port not in use and assign that answer DN to the sets in question.

You must tag that port as DO NOT USE (Phantom DN XXX Door Phone) or something like that or the next tech will add a phone to that port and screw everything up.

Ok, so how do I set up a hunt group?

also Curly... are you saying that if I add an inactive DN as a answer DN, it will automatically be a phantom DN??

Plus I am the only tech on this system, but I see what you are saying.

Yes thats what I am saying.

I did not see you had 6.1 though.

Hunt Groups...
System Programming/Huntgroups/Hunt Group 01/
Add members that hunt group, when you add a member press show again and make ring only.
Make Broadcast
Overflow to reception set perhaps.

Hunt Group 01 HG01 has a DN, in capabilties
hotline your ATA as Internal and to call the Hunt group DN

Test

You should know that Norstar makes a door phone too, it would save you all this BS.
Install N* door phone and go into its programming and add members and select different chimes etc.

using the hunt group you need to find an avail. one for ex. 560 and add the sets in that hunt group in your case 201,202,207 will be the members and set it to broadcast ring which you can have them ring only or appear&ring on the sets and you can also have the HG overflow to a seperate dn if no1 answers like a recep. etc.

Hunt group looks promising...

so the HG has a DN assigned? like HG01 I see has DN-707, so I set the door to ring 707? then it will ring all the members accordingly? I see some options like linear, rotary and broadcast. I assume broadcast.

If I set the door phone to ring say 5 times... what happens if one of the members VM tries to pick up?

I am guessing the overflow is set to the DN I want it to hit if nobody answers? or is that if everyone in the group is busy?

Can the overflow be another hunt group?

I am already using the Aux Ringer for a different ext... can I use it for a hunt group at the same time? This may fix my 'no external page' problem.

Is the distinct ring a different tone? or just a idfferent pattern....

See what happens when you show me a feature I knew nothing about??? :)

BTW... I am using NRU to make all my settings.... so if you guys know NRU at all, its alot easier for me than the phone programming.

seems like you have the HG idea under control now, use your 701 add the members and set it to broadcast. The distingtive ring is a different ring totally all rings default to ring type 1 so you could chg the HG to be 2,3,4 you can see what ring type you prefer by pressing f*6 from any phone and listen to the styles by pressing 1234 on the dial pad,they kind of get more obnoxious the higher you go...also you don't have to worry about your HG's conflicting with users mboxs cause they do not follow the phones forwarding you could have them ring forever if you don't have it set to overflow. Yes the overflow can be another HG it can be any working dn on the system. Hope this helps for you...

Ok... one final question and I think I got it...

Is there a way to program a hunt group based on time?

during after hours, I would like an additional DN added to my hunt group.

or the aux ringer to activate for after hours...

any ideas?

Yes, thats how you program the door phone... am I missing something in there?

no your not missing nothing else your on track...as far as having control of the HG by time I don't think that can be done. I don't know exactly what ur trying to acomplish w the aux ringer at night but you can only control ringing groups and routing by time of day. Do you have the door phone working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back