Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door Opening Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeii

Technical User
Apr 5, 2007
US
I have a Norstar Door Opening Controller and a Norstar Door Phone hooked up to our Gate. Is there a way for me to control the gate with a cell phone. I would like to call into the system and be able to open the gate. I have a PRI with 100 DID's. Can I assign a target number to the Door Phone and have it answer and then press the number to open the gate? I also have a Bogen 4 zone paging system. I am using all zones at the moment. I thought I might be able to use my paging system.

I am not sure what you mean. Correct me if I am wrong. Setup a direct inward system access to my Mics with a trunk card. Then an ata to my bogen on an additional zone card. Then set it up to auto answer on my bogen and use a new zone code.

I would still have to get another zone card for my paging system because I am using all 4 zones. Can't I just remove the DOC and go straight to the gate contact?

Thank you Curlycord for your help.I did what you said about disa and it worked. I put an ATA on for my paging and used the external page port on my Mics and it worked excellent. The only thing I noticed is that it didn't give me stuttered dial tone. Just straight dial tone. I thought it was the Mics dial tone. But it wasn't. I put my COS password in and it gave me my Mics dial tone. I then dialed *602 and the gate opened. Very cool. Thank You once again on your expert advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back