Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't get confused while driving in South Carolina 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
I just discovered that North, South Carolina is 99.6 miles southeast of Due West, South Carolina.

Do you have any other great place names?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Would you care to see a picture of my coffee cup I bought in Dildo, Newfoundland? (SFW)

No pictures, but I've also been through Climax, Saskatchewan

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Where I live in Virgina, we have to go north to Southpark Mall in Colonial Heights, VA or south to NorthGate Mall in Durham, NC.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

You can all go to Hell, [sub]Michigan[/sub].

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

In Beaver, Utah, the favorite bumper sticker for tourists to purchase is:

Bumper Sticker said:

[santa]Mufasa
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

In NJ, there are the Oranges: East Orange, West Orange, and South Orange. But no North Orange.
There are also 4 "Brunswicks" in NJ: North, South, East, and New Brunswick. No West Brunswick.

==================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Since our plant is pretty much a sphere (unless you believe in flat Earth), any place is West, North, South, and/or East of some other place at the same time. :)
Unless you are at North (or South) Pole, no place is North (or South) of you.

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

There two (very small) towns in California. they are called North Fork and South Fork. South Fork is East of North Fork.

In Ohio, North Lima is east-northeast of Lima.

-----------
With business clients like mine, you'd be better off herding cats.

You can visit a town called North East, PA, located in the Northwest corner of the state.

RJoubert, when you tell me that North East, PA is in the northwest corner of Pennsylvania, I get an Erie feeling about the reason why they call it that.

[ghost2][ghost2][ghost2]

[santa]Mufasa

Dave, go jump in a lake.[smile]

djj

There is also a North East Maryland, located (logically) in northeast Maryland.

==================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Upper Sandusky, Ohio is south by several miles of Sandusky, Ohio.

djj

South Bend, Indiana is located in the Northern part of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back