Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of Get vs Gets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
Something sounds off to me when it comes to the usage below

You get it | Sounds normal
Someone else gets it | Sounds normal

Sometimes Neither you nor someone else get it (or is it gets it)

A commercial is playing on the radio about loss of employment insurance. They say the following:

"if either you or your spouse gets laid off..." Get sounds better to me but I've been fooled before.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

crux is the Southern Cross constellation. I could of told you that if you axed me.

==================================
adaptive AI uberinfo galaxies (bigger, better, faster, and more adept than cognitive agile big data clouds)

Mine was a tongue in cheek comment and a play on words. Sometimes I feel that people take things too literally. I shan't bother you again.

Yeah, I think we got that and continued in a similar vein.
Chris.

Nope, did not get that, I'm getting old, it got the better of me, hope this gets the right response.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Well nobody axed me but sometimes I watch a commercial and think "I gots to gets me some of them..."

Jeff
[small]"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me
[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back