Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do the ports of cisco catalyst 2950 switch support rate limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parazhang

MIS
May 13, 2003
US
Now we want to limit the ports of 2950 switch to certain bandwidth,such as 512K,1M,2M etc..,Input and/or Output direction,If we can do,how should we deal with?

This seems to be a popular question. First the 2950 must be 'enhanced image'. Also you can only regulate the input, not the output. The 10/100 ports can be regulated in one megabit increments, while the gbics are regulated in multiples of eight megabits

I am waiting on another thread to see if it is possible to prioritize traffic at the same time

ok,thx!
BTW,could you tell me how to write the IOS CLI commands?

best regards

Sure it's very easy to limit a port:

!
class-map match-all match-any
match access-group 1
!
policy-map 8Mbps
class match-any
police 16000000 32768 exceed-action drop
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/24
description "customer downlink to LAN"
service-policy input 8Mbps
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
description "uplink to core router"

Notice I named it 8mbps though it is actually configured for 16mbits and 32k/megabit for bursting. Notice that 'match-any' is my class name, which is bad form as it is an IOS reserved word

thank u very much.
but by my workmate's viewpoint,the upper feature only applies on 2950G platform,not 2950 that only with 10/100 ports,is it true?

BTW,I have see your question "Cisco Catalyst 2950G-24 Port EI Software priority rate-limit",I have a best ebook of QoS,maybe it can help u resolve this question,but I don't know how to send it to u,pls contact me

I think the 10/100 2950s are not EI, only the 2950s with gigabit ports have the EI AFAIK. The 10/100 is probably an SI

Yeah if you have the book title I can buy it no problems

aha,it's an ebook,and if you want,i'll send it to you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back