Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do Linksys PAP2 Adapters work on Teleworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jampet

Technical User
Jun 30, 2006
GB
Hi, can PAP2's IP adapters be used via teleworker or do they have to be connected directly to the 3300?

They use SIP off the 3300. I guess if you added the SIP client as a teleworker they could work. Maybe just not well.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Yep I have had them and Spa2102 as TW extensions event tested with fax devices

Hi Billz66, I'm completely stuck as to getting it to even see the teleworker box. Can you point me in the right direction for instructions for setting this up?

Thanks

It will depend on what software versions you are using on MCD and MBG as the configs are slightly different.

Here is a run down off the top of my head.
Create MCD exts as Generic sip , assign 2nd line as multicall of the first. set up a password in the mcd for this extension.

IN mbg add a sip device set the icp username as the extension and the icp password as the password assigned in the mcd.
Set the device side username as the ext and create a complex password to use within the ata ( for security)

Make sure the pap2t is running the latest version of software as there will be sip imporvements.

In the pap2t:
Make sure that it has an ip address subnet and gateway that allows it to get to the MBG public IP . Also make sure that any firewalls in place are not blocking the ports that it will need to use.

Set the proxy as the MBG TW address
set display name and user id as the ext number
Set the password as the complex password

most other settings can be left as default, you may have to adjust the dial plan to suit number length etc of numbers that it should be able to dial.

if teh ATA isnt connecting at all try a laptop with a sip client on it with the same sip settings and see if that connects .

if not it may be more likely a firewall / routing issue .

Hi, not having much luck with this.

I've setup a device on the 3300 and given it a PIN.

On the teleworker am I setting up a device in set management or a new ICP. There is obviously the 3300 there already but it requires this info

ICP Name
Mitel Networks ICP address
Mitel ICP type

Also, these are the versions I'm running.

TW: Mitel Standard Linux 8.2.15.0
3300: 8.0.11.7

Ok old software , might be expecting a bit much , there have been major improvements in sip programming snce those versions were released.

That MCD software was 8.0 UR5 (8.0.11.7) Released 4 years ago (05-Aug-08)

The version of msl also indicates that the MBG version is very old possibly pre 4.5.

I dont think its worth your time trying to make it work on that old a software version.

I am running MCD 5.0 Sp1 and MBG 7.0.12.0 ( on msl 9.3.17.0).

I can say that on those versions and possibly back a year or 2 the sip devices worked quite well.
Your software is just too old to contemplate it.

Looks like the TW had to be at least ver 6.0 before sip devices were supported

yes I would look to your TW software. SIP devices were not always supports. R8 on the controller will support SIP but the TW will not most likeley.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Thanks all, looks like an upgrade's in order..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back