Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DND problems and disabling buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbusy

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
We have an IP Office 403 system with 6 ISDN lines connected. Incoming calls on our main number call a huntgroup which contains our receptionist and office manager. If this huntgroup is not answered then calls overflow into a second group containing everyone else.

This works fine if the first huntgroup goes unanswered, but if both people are on teh phone then calls get the engaged tone and calls never make it to the overflow group. Anyone know what might be causing this to happen.

Secondly, the office manager, who should also be getting calls in the group, uses the group button on her handset to avoid getting calls. Combined with accidental use of the No Calls button (which appears to mean no calls to the first group) this gives us problems from time to time.

Is there any way, short of replacing their display handsets with basic ones, that I can disable or overide the No Calls and Group buttons on the phones?

I think you mean the 2050 DT stations.
I screw them open and disabled the two buttons (with a piece of tape) at a few sides and worked for me.

About the groups, you must use Queing or Waiting Calls on (at the huntgroup and stations), then you don,t get the engaged tone and the overflow will work.

Greets Peter

For your first problem, what do you mean the calls get the engaged tone?

Im not sure if i understand your second question but ill take a stab at it. Sounds like you r saying that the huntgroup enable button is being missed used or accidently activated or deactivated. Unfortunetly, there is no other way to control weather a individual gets a call from a group except DND or SAC. But then they wouldnt get ANY calls unless they use dnd exception list. Hope that helps.
If Im way off, please clarify..

Okay, to clarify.

We have a main huntgroup which contains the office manager and the receptionist, and an overflow group, which contains everyone else. Everyone has an indivicual direct number and a main number calls the main huntgroup. If no one answers on that group the incoming call is directed to the overflow without a problem. The issue comes when all members of the main huntgroup are busy or unavailable. In that case the incoming caller gets the busy (engaged) tone.

To make matters worse the No Calls and Group buttons occassional get hit by accident (or possibly deliberately).

I need to know if it is possible to disable the No Calls and Group buttons on the phones, and also why the incomnig calls do not overflow to the second group if the members of the main group are busy.

Hope that helps. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try turning off Callwaiting on the first huntgroup. That will help insure the call will pass to the second huntgroup.

As far as the no calls button, you can automate the nocalls with a time profile or set up vmail to do call routeing based on time. Then you can get rid of the manual no calls button.

Is queing turned on for the first hunt group?

On the main group call waiting is off by queueing is on.

On the overflow group (if it matters) call waiting and queueing are both on.

Ah my young padowan...

make sure thare are no more than 18 handsets in a groups type groups else this "feature" will happen.

The best is as per my learned friend tape over the buttons, or tell the users to

"LEAVE THE BLOODY BUTTONS ALONE"

[lightsaber]

That's definitely well worth knowing.

Our main group has four users, but the overflow has thirty-one.

If I change the main huntgroup to overflow to two smalelr groups and split my thirty-one users between those two, will that cure the problem?

Many thanks

Also setting an overflow time without enabling call quing will cause callers to get engages tone when all useres in the main group are busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back