Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DM error in client pc SEC 8.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitranshi

Technical User
Jun 18, 2014
IN
Hi,

In one of the our clients ,we have installed the SOLIDUS SERVER 8.2. During the client installation DESKTOP MANAGER,when we are going to open its showing an error "This version of DM is incompatible with the Agent services

Hi

The error you report cannot be created during an install, only when opening the application. You have the wrong version or your client is not pointing to the Solidus server to authenticate and logon.

I hope you mean you have installed solidus 8.2 server, and are trying to install DM on a client PC. Are you running the client install from the setup.exe in nextccclient$ on the server? this is the correct version. Also make sure your client PC clientsetup is pointing to the server DNS for the broker and webservices.

(There are client installation instructions in the documents within the installation files, so you should read those if you have not)

best parnum

Hi,

Yes during the opening the application DM in the client pc,then i am facing this problem.

I have done the installation through sharing folder of the server means in the client pc

GO TO RUN and type \\server ip ---- then nextcclient$ setup ...then setup.exe i have run.

Installation is done perfect but when i am going to open the DM then its showing incompatible version with the agent services.

I have tried the direct solidus setup and client installation also but same problem.

both server and client is in the same domain.

Hi

Then as I said your Secsetup on the client has probably got the DNS of the client not the server, so you need to check that for the broker and webservices, also if tenanted check SecTenant is correct. Run the applications and check they are set ok.

best parnum

It is possible that the server is running a higher version of agent service (ccas.exe) due to a hotfix,
this means that you need to use the supplied DM.EXE supplied in the same hotfix...

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
Helping people is my job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back