Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distinctive Ring By Dialed Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rational1618

Technical User
Jul 16, 2012
US
We administer telecommunications for various locations, including non-profits and charitable organizations. One location (about 15 handsets) has a need for Distinctive Ring based upon the number the incoming caller dialed. The phone system is an IP Office 500 V2. The Phone Service (POTS Lines), and equipment must remain the same. The Service Provider has a solution....however it does not support simultaneous traffic to the two numbers which must ring differently. On the equipment....we cannot use a different analog phone. The handset must be an Avaya 1408 handset (or perhaps another Avaya handset). We cannot use a chime, bell, or external ringer. We cannot use software that would have to remain open on peoples' computers. We cannot install the Partner mode or Basic version of the software because calls would have to go straight from ringing to the auto-attendant...without Overflow etc.

As limited as the options appear to be, there is a time-constrained request for a solution. We would appreciate any recommendations that you may have. Even those solutions which may appear too expensive would be helpful. Thank you very much for your time.

Rational1618

You can add another cannot to that list, you cannot do this, it's not an available feature and isn't planned either :)

EllieZuki, don't believe it, I have been told it's being considered for a future release for the last 5 years....still waiting :)

Andy, this was discussed with development in the 8.1 trials so it really could be addressed in a future release :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Sure, I will not hold my breath.... perhaps when they will do it once they have fixed all the outstanding bugs too :)

The very first FT invite stuff that went out for R8 mentioned that Nortel and digital sets would work on either DS30 or DS30A i.e they would be universal, that quickly disappeared from any future docs and hasn't been mentioned since plus they deny all klnowledge of it :)

I know on older releases you cannot change ringing patterns on digital sets in manager. Only on analog sets. ran into this working with wireless headsets that required a solid ring in order for censor to notify headset about incoming call. thought that was fixed in later release of 500 v2??? also came a cross a tech note that said on 1400 series you can press the hold button while set is on-hook to change ringing preference at a user/station level? does that work???

Telgeek1, the ring pattern setting is for analog phones only (mentioned in manager)
For digital and IP phones you need to change it on the phone itself.

BAZINGA!

Ring tones in Manager has always been only for analogue phones so nothing to fix there, also No pressing Hold on a 1400 does not allow you to change ringtone/ringing preference at user/station level :)

I know but I think it will never happen.

BAZINGA!

I'm sorry the customer i'm referring to has 4400 sets. and i Guess the work around is pressing the conference button while on hook to change ring preference at user level. does anyone know if that will work on later releases???

heres the problem, plantronics wont support a non-solid ring and digital sets on ip office have a ring/beep on incoming trunks. hate to upgrade them from a 406 to a 500 and still have same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back