Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying data on a subform 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9handler

MIS
Dec 13, 2008
US
I have a transaction form, [frmJobTrans], that contains a subform, [sfrmJobTransDetail], of detail items in the transaction. The main form contains transaction dates and a job number to which the transactions are assigned. The subform contains an ItemID, quantity, cost and a calculated value (quantity * cost). I'm trying to get three fields, lastcost, lastdate, and averagecost to display as a comparison reference only when the user enters the itemid on the subform. These three fields reside in a master table indexed by the itemid. This seems like a simple task, but I'm at a loss as to the code necessary to achieve objective.

Thanks for the help.

If it were me, I would consider making ItemID on the subform be a combo box that included these fields as columns, each with a width of 0. Then make textboxes that refer to this property, like this
=[ItemID].[column](3)

--Lilliabeth

That worked great! It not only solved the current situation, but opened up other possibilities to the usage of combo boxes. Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back