Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display "BUSY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

modestguy

MIS
May 4, 2005
US
The primary DN on phone A is busy with phone B. When phone C calls phone A, the call rolls over to the DN on key 1 on phone A, but the display on phone C (the phone calling phone A) does not display that phone A is busy. It only shows that extension that is being called. On phone A (the phone being called) however, displays that phone C is calling the DN and "BUSY". The CLSs are CPNA, DNDD, and TDD, and LHK 1 on all of the phones. Phone C will only display "BUSY" when the call is forwarded to voicemail. How can the "BUSY" be displayed immediately? And why is "BUSY" being displayed on the called party? Is there a CLS that allows the called phone to display this status on the calling phone? Or is the configuration in the CPND data block? Thanks for your help.

if the station hunts to an idle line, then the busy is not met, it does show the hunt dn on most systems

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

go to LD 95 and PRT, TYPE CPND, CUST 0, that will tell you what will be displayed when phone hunts. With the OCTEL's you had to have certain names for calls to get the correct answer treatment.

Why does it show BUSY on the station where the hunting takes place? I am trying to make the calling station show busy on the display when the called display is on a call and hunts to the roll over DN. Any suggestions? I tried CLS DNDA TDD CNDA. Any other CLSs relate to this function?

the system will not show busy, unless the station is busy.. might try this work around

Code:
TYPE CPND
CUST 0
CNFG ALON
MXLN 27
STAL YES
DFLN 27
DES  NO
RESN YES
CFWD CFWD
CFNA CFNA
HUNT HUNT
PKUP PICK
XFER T
AAA  A

NITC NI

change the hunt prompt to busy, that will show busy to the caller, when the station hunts

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The hunt prompt is already set to busy. The problem is that BUSY is showing on the station that is doing the hunting. By the way, I just relized that this whole scenario occurs only on internally. When calls to external nodes occur, the caller will have a busy display when they call a station when the called station's prime DN is busy and rolls over to the second DN (which is what I want). When calling inernally, the calling set will not display busy when the called set is on a call. Instead, the BUSY is displayed on the called set (which is what i don't want). Thanks for your input John. Much appreciated. Let me see what else I can find. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back