Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing Transfer Key on 1140e

Status
Not open for further replies.

csomb42

Technical User
Apr 17, 2015
US
Hello Everyone.

Looking for a little confirmation here with a problem I'm having. CS1000e Rls 7.5 SP 24. I have several 1140e sets that are unable to transfer an inbound call intermittently. All of the phones are on the latest firmware.

Call scenario: Outside callers dial a local AT&T number which has been CFWD to a DID number on the system. This DID number is an SCR with multiple appearances of it and 4 rollover lines. The call is answered and very often transferred to another internal department. 98% of the time the call is answered, TRANSFER appears for the softkey and the call can be transferred without issue. The users are complaining that intermittently a call comes in and TRANSFER is not presented on a softkey. Their "work around" is to place the call on hold and pick up another phone with the same appearance and then transfer the call. They have tried to place the caller on hold from the set where it was originally answered and go back to the call...not sure of the length of time it is on hold, but that doesn't work.

My thought is delayed signalling between the CO and the Avaya that is preventing the call state that allows the TRANSFER feature. I'm not sure how may call paths have been allotted for the AT&T number. I ran into that trouble before with only 1 call path preventing multiple calls inbound in another setup with an AT&T number CFWD to a DID on the system with multiple rollover lines.

Your thoughts?

Mark

not sure off the top of my head what the issue is but a better workaround for the users might be Conference

If the call is transferred to the user you will not see a transfer key. Do you have an IVR answering any calls?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

bignose21

I've advised the users to use the conference the next time this happens as a workaround. I'd seen several posts that had recommended that as a solution.

Thanks

Johnthephoneguy

The calls are always from an external caller that has called the AT&T number that is call forwarded to our DID number. The calls do not go through any IVR or Call Pilot menu. The AT&T number that is call forwarded is using Call Forward Multi-Path in order to provide multiple calls into our DID number. That is where I thought the delay was coming into play. I've not had a lot of experience with the call forward multi-path so I'm not sure how the call is being handed off from the AT&T side. Both the DID number being forwarded and the trunk group that the calls come into are provided by AT&T.

Thanks

Mark

Maybe look at where the MARP is for the SCR and all of it's roll overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back