Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrt

Technical User
Aug 18, 2002
CA
I have a Systems form based on a System Table. When I open the form, no records are there (a blank 1 of 1) even thought the underlying table has loads of records. I have tried basing the form on a query as well with the same results. I have also edited relationships to make sure my System records were not filtered. There are no events procedures associated with the form or any filters applied. There are no combo boxes even. It is set to dynaset, no locks, editable, etc. I have been through everything I can think of with no results. Help!! Ideas anyone?

Consider the rights you have to this or any system table. Take a look at your rights to the system tables under security. There are some you have rights to,, and those you may well be able to use in forms, queries, etc. but there are some you have no access to at all. Those you don’t get to play with. Of course, if you are in Admin you can give yourself access to whatever you want. But be sure you really want to do that. Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Thanks for the suggestions but I am admin and have set up no security on the database. The form used to show all the records, don't know what I did to mess it up. I created another Systems Form and all the records show up just fine - I'll just have to redo all the formatting etc. Sigh. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back