Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Analog Lines through Norstar Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

twmoody

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
US
We have 9 analog lines coming into a Norstar MICS. We only need 4 analog lines. We want to disconnect the lines at the telco and remove them from the Norstar.

We own Norstar Remote Utilities. How do we take the lines out of the phone system from the GUI.

The Analog Lines are on Module 2 / Card 2 and appear as Ports 225-228 Lines 025-028.

As you can tell I am a novice with this system.
Thanks for your help in advance....

If you are familiar with the programming from a set while on site, do the same thing remotely using "REMOTE SET TOOL".
It will come up on your screen just like an M7310 set. Use your mouse to click on the set buttons.
If the lines are assigned to sets, go to TERMINALS AND SETS and remove them.
If they are assigned to a line pool for outbound calls, make sure they are removed from the pools. (VERY IMPORTANT)
Hope that will help you.

MarvO said it

Would you happen to know what those set numbers are? It is hard to find documentation for this kind of thing. I have a lot of voicemail and acd set codes but nothing for the "system" side.

Thanks a lot.

remember if the lines are in a pool u need to set the lines to public not pool so the system dont try to access them for outboud calls

If I said it, It has to be true.
Mario Mazza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back