Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabled General Delivery and redirect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tclinch

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
US
Norstar CICS

I have disabled out General Delivery Mailbox and want to do the following..

When person calls in and hits 0 operator phone rings fine
After 6 rings message indicates "The Operator is unavailable... Enter the extension...". Instead I want it to go into the 221 mailbox.

I went into F983->MBOX-> and tried to change the extension from 100 to 221. Obviously I can't change it to an extension that already exists.

Do I need to delete the 221 mailbox and then change this? Will I have any problems trying to recreate 221 mailbox?

Thanks,
Thomas

I think you can FNA to that mailbox instead.
The other thing you can do is tell mb 100 it is for ext 221.

I'm not sure I know what FNA to the mailbox is?

When I try to assign 221 to mb 100 it tells me ext 221 already assigned.

tclinch,
FNA = forward no answer

Go to 221 capabilities under terminals and sets, and you will see 'Fwd no answer'. 'Show' there and change the destination to the voice mail DN (found using F985). Then check under Mbox admin to make sure that Mbox 221 is assigned to ext 221. Check that 'attendant available' (F982) is set to 'Y', business is 'open' and that the attendant is specified as 221 in the answering table you are using.

Cheers
PhM

Works like a charm. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back