Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable "Dial by Name" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Guys,

System is 3300 running MCD5.0 with embeded v/mail.

This customer has internal and external extension begining by 9 (i.e. 9001, 9030, etc). Don't blame me of this, I always suggest not to touch the 9.

Note that these 9-extensions DONT'T have mailboxes.

Incomming calls are answered by embeded A/Attendant, thatnk you for calling, if you know the extension....

As soon as callers press the first 9, embeded voicemail interprets this as a dial-by-name and it then asks, please enter up to 6 letters of the person's.... It does not allow you to reach extension 9XXX. Note that V/M option has been enabled to transfer to any number.

Question 1, is there a way to disable dial by name? Tech support has said NOOOOOOO.

Question 2, Have you noted that when accessing the administrators mailbox 9999, it gives you 8 options: 1 for new installations, 2, 3.....8, but it doesn't present you option 9. However, if you press the 9 it then ask you to enter Technicians Function Code. What is that? Maybe this is the way to disable dial-by-name and make changes to other options.

Regards,

Daniel

The tech function codes are used to enable / disable optional features. I don't thInk you can disable DBN though.

Nupoint again

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

No, I rarely if ever use Tech Codes.

I know the one to change the technician passcode, "17271" but don't go there unless you know what you are doing. (you can't change it unless you logged in using the tech level passcode btw)

I've used tech codes to change port size on the old card based Express Messengers and activate Hotel options.

Other than that I never go there.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

the help file suggests that it would work fine if you had mailboxes for the 9xxx extensions

Directory Mailbox - Mailbox 9 is used for the personnel directory. It cannot take messages. Callers use it to reach an employee by dialing the first six letters of the employee's first or last name (as defined in the VM Options form). To prevent confusion between dialing a mailbox that starts with 9 and dialing 9 for the Directory, an inter-digit timer of 4 seconds is started when the first digit entered is 9. If no other digits are entered during these few seconds, the user is transferred to the Directory.

wonder what would happen if you created one mailbox 9xxx? perhaps you would have to create transfer mailboxes for each of them.
too bad you can't get rid of the "you are being transferred to....." prompt.

Ross,

I have create only one mailbox beginning by 9, then A/Att started to transferring to 9xxx extensions. Only one mailbox is needed so A/Att transfers to destination, or after 4 sec prompts you to enter up to 6 letters...

After this, you can delete 9xxx mailbox and the A/Att will keep transferring to 9xxx extensions.

Transfer to any number is enabled in voicemail options.

I will now test if it can reach 9XXX through ARS as customer has some extensions on a foreigner controller over a QSig link.

What I don´t like is that I had to create mailbox and then delete it, this is nowhere on Help Online (At least I couldn´t find)

Regards,

Daniel

I would be tempted to leave that one mailbox in there. When I accidentally create a conflict with one touch mailboxes and create the delay, deleting the conflict doesn't fix the delay until I reboot. So a reboot might bring your problem back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back