Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Privacy for all users IP500 v2 9.0.2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjstuart

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2014
GB
My users all have a Privacy button programmed onto their phones, problem is, I don't know what state this button is currently in(Enabled or Disabled) without asking the user(As my office is remote)

Is there a way to automatically disable privacy on all/selected users? Or does simply removing the button automatically disable it?

Sounds like the request of a stalker.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Hah! I should have perhaps clarified the situation.

In order to be PCI compliant, we used two buttons on the phones. Privacy and Resume Record. The users are supposed to hit Privacy prior to taking card details, and then hit Resume Record afterwards. In reality, the users get confused as to what state the Privacy button is in, leading to calls not being recorded properly or at all.

My plan is to roll out 1408's which supports the Pause Recording feature, but before I do this(and remove the Privacy and Resume record buttons) I want to be certain that all users Privacy status is disabled. Is that less stalkerish?

A bit less.. [pirate]
I doubt that SSA or a vmpro call flow would help.
You may be able to determine the status using monitor.
I dont have my lab gear in front of me but you can use monitor to eneter an extension into DSS Status.
You can view all button states and live action.
And yes you can use your mouse to click-maybe its double click-any button to activate or deactivate or toggle.
Depends on what the button does.
Maybe you can see the real time status of the Privacy button.
sysmon may also capture the state in the traces when pressed.
Don't know exactly.
I have never tried to examine the privacy button before in this fashion.

I can see when a button is pressed using IP Office System Status, but being able to see the current status is what I'm after. What is DSS Status?

You can turn on development tracing in monitor which turns on additional monitor selection.
One of those is DSS Status.
I bet if you try to find it you will.

>n order to be PCI compliant, we used two buttons on the phones. Privacy and Resume Record.

I'm not sure, but I doubt that method is PCI compliant. You are relying on an agent to actively do something to prevent cardholder data being retained... Most agents will forget this,probably multiple times per week.

I'd check with your compliance department and confirm

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back