Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory Number Expansion Package- Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

act901

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Does anyone know where I may find out if I have a Directory Number Expansion Package on my PBX?
I am trying to find out how to forward, no answer a call to a long distance number (obviously, on a different phone system). I was thinking I could just enable FNA and enter the HUNT number and that's it. This doesn't seem to work, though.
I realize now that it is forwarding to the FDN number, which is voicemail and even when I change the FDN to the call forward destination number, it doesn't work....doesn't go to voicemail anymore, but it just rings.
So, i was thinking that maybe we don't have the feature turned on to forward to an external number. And, if memory serves me, this is usually done for security reasons, right? So, I may not want to open this up at all? Any thoughts on this?
thanks!

try putting CFXA in the CLS and make sure the call forward key is programmed as CFW 16. then just forward your phone to the number you want to forward it to. I think this is what you want to accomplish. Hope so!!!!

THE DIRECTORY NUMBER EXPANSION PKG HAS GOT TO DO WITH EXTENSION LENGTHS OF MORE THAN 4 DIGITS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Well, I am trying to set the line to forward if no answer after 4 rings. But, I want it to forward to an external number. Any thoughts on how to do this?
I have set CFXA, FNA and HTA and entered the number I want it to automatically forward to in the HUNT and FDN field.
And, this still does not work. The line is just ringing and ringing.
thanks!

You may be blocked by the NCOS depending on what you are trying to forward to. Are you calling from the site that the phone is located in? What is the NCOS of the set you are calling from? What is the FRL of the number you are trying to forward the phone to. Also, remember that people calling into the phone from the outside are limited by the NCOS of the trunks that the call was received on.

On the phone being programmed, the FDN and hunt are programmed as 91XXXXXXX?

Let me know if you need any clarification on what I just mentioned...

thanks fonchick. I also posted this on pbx info...
Yesterday, I spoke with my vendor and we set up a number (based on an analog set) and then set the CLS to FNA, HTA, CFXA and set the FDN and HUNT to the number we want the line to forward to. When I call the number internally, it forwards after 4 rings to the other office. However, when I call on my cell phone the line rings and rings. So, it looks like there is something preventing trunk to trunk connections, right? And, the calls will be made from the outside in and then fowarded back outside (if no one answers after 4 rings). I have the NCOS set to 5. How can I tell how my NCOS is set up? Like, is 7 more restrictive than 5 or less restrictive than 3?
I've read a lot of the posts and there are mentions to other ways of doing this without enlisting CFXA. I am certainly interested in doing this, but I never found any clear instructions for doing this on the board.
I don't think my vendor knows another way to do this without enliting CFXA. Also, I want this to forward after 4 rings.
Can you explain how to do this without using CFXA?
What do you mean by FRL? thanks!!!!

For the DN expansion to 5 digits go to LD 22 and prt PKG. If you have pkg 151, then you have DN Expansion and can program 5 digit number on stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back