Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Call Pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vp102

MIS
Mar 18, 2005
AU
Hi There,
We have just changed from 3 digit extensions to 4 digit.

We have a type 500 phone which we use for nite ring which can be MCR'd by selected sets. Previously if we just picked up any phone and dialed 14 we would be able to answer the phone if it was ringing on night ring.

The old extension number of the 500 phone for nite ring was 254 this has been changed to 1254 and we have changed the NITE field in LD 15 to point to 1254.

Our problem is that simply picking up any phone and dialing 14 no longer works. I think that this was initially setup using Direct Call Pickup as opposed to RNPG.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Regards,
Shane

We are having the same issue. We have used '14' to pickup our night calls for several years. It was working until last night.

We decided to install an auto-attendant front end and then have only select people be able to ring the overhead paging bell.

The CallPilot Application is working fine. When the appropriate keys are pressed, the night bell rings. However, when we press '14' all we get is a fast busy and cannot pickup the call. The only work around we have found/been given is to install a RNP button on every phone that we want to be able to pickup a night call from. We are a call center. I really do not want to install several hundred buttons.

The only item that has been changed is the NIT_Data in LD15. Even if you call the bell directly, the '14' still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas?? We need to get this fixed before the weekend. HELP!!!!!!!

change nite to a new dn, make that dn a acd dn,

ld 23
new
acd
maxp 1
ncfw 1234 (the current nite bell)

by doing that nite goes to the no member acd, it's always in nite, due to no one logged in, then you can direct pickup the dn, it is no longer a nite number, it just sounds like one

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John;

I am trying to understand this completely. Right now our NIT_Data in LD15 is as follows:

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 00
NIT1 3000
TIM1
NIT2
TIM2
NIT3
TIM3
NIT4
TIM4
ENS NO

The overhead paging bell is at DN 3000, the CallPilot App SDN is 4000. During my last try, I created an ACD 4000 and then IDC'd a DID to 4000. Within the CallPilot App (SDN 4000), I had an option to ring the bell. This worked great except for the part of picking up the call using '14'.

If I understand your directions correctly, I need to make an ACD '0' with NCFW to 3000. I would assume that I would then setup a key in the CallPilot App to forward to '0'.

Wouldn't this just forward the IDGT from the initial call and therefore not match the NIT-Data. The response we got from our vendor was that the NIT and the Bell's DN had to match.

My head hurts thinking about this.

Johnpoole;

I am trying to understand this completely. Right now our NIT_Data in LD15 is as follows:

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 00
NIT1 3000
TIM1
NIT2
TIM2
NIT3
TIM3
NIT4
TIM4
ENS NO

The overhead paging bell is at DN 3000, the CallPilot App SDN is 4000. During my last try, I created an ACD 4000 and then IDC'd a DID to 4000. Within the CallPilot App (SDN 4000), I had an option to ring the bell. This worked great except for the part of picking up the call using '14'.

If I understand your directions correctly, I need to make an ACD '0' with NCFW to 3000. I would assume that I would then setup a key in the CallPilot App to forward to '0'.

Wouldn't this just forward the IDGT from the initial call and therefore not match the NIT-Data. The response we got from our vendor was that the NIT and the Bell's DN had to match.

You sure your SPRE didn't change when you changed your extensions from 3 digit to four digit?

I agree with ArchTelecom. Check your SPREE code and also PRT the FFC table in LD 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back