Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different Companies Behind the BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk391

Technical User
Jun 13, 2007
GB
I have a customer who is interested in purchasing a BCM50. I wanted to know if the system can support this configuration?

Can it be configured so that the system regonises what number the customer has dailed and then route the call to a specific agent. I would like to set up the BCM but would like to know, if we could in fact have two companies within the same office.

Certain numbers could go to company X and other numbers to Company Y. Is this possible?

If anyone know can they also give me the technical buzz words for this feature- its just so that I can then do some research on the subject and then pretend to know what I am talking about to my customer :)

Thanks in advance,

Yes its possible I have quite a few companys that have more than one company in the building that they are in the same office. You should even be able to use one BCM DEPENDING on how many phone you need and the call center and all that. Find out first all the details of what the customer wants. Everything how thye want there phones to work and then go to a site like nortel.com and research it from there you can put in information on one of the links to find what system would be the BEST for the company.
Try that ok

Yes this can be done in a number of ways. My top tip is to have a prefix on the line id so agents know which greeting to use. If using skillsets make sure u use the scrolling info option that shows the callers number and then the line id. Soz don't know all the technical jargon.

With skillset use of course you have more flexibility with call distribution.

Yup, this feature is part of Intelligent Contact Center and is called "Intelligent Routing" using DNIS (Dialed Number Identification Service).

Check the above recommendations/concerns too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back