Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID key problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrice2

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2006
US
Hello all,

Opt 11C
CallPilot 2.i

Here is the situation. I have a number that I believe is programmed to the PRI. (xxx)xxx-5820. It comes in and rings on the users phone on key 3 extension 8411. I have searched for 8411 and it is not a TN or ACD. How else could this be programmed?

When I remove key 3 from the phone and dial the DID number it rings busy...basically goes no where.

My other issue is that when the number does ring in on key 3 it shows clid (my number) plus the 10 digit number posted from above. (xxx) xxx-5820. This is abnormal as no other DID number in our system does this. This I think is not allowing 8411 to go to VM. That is the real issue and why I'm looking into this in the first place. 8411 is not going to VM.

I have checked Call Pilot 2.i and 8411 is programmed as a second dn on the main extension 8478. No matter if I remove it from there and try to create it's own box. I've tried it.

I have called our provider and tech says the number belongs to Verizon. Can Verizon push the 5820 number down their PRI?

I've stared at this for too long.
Thanks,

Have you checked the IDC table, there maybe a translation
for 5820 to 8411

LD 49

REQ PRT
TYPE IDC

Sorry, I missed that detail. If I take it out of IDC it still goes to 8411. I tried re-routing using IDC to my extension and it still rang on the other extension.

1) What does the CallPilot say when you roll to it? Does it give an error like "you have been forwarded to a voice mail system. However the person at xxxx does not subscribe to this service?"

2) Have you turned on DCH messaging on the PRI and made a call to see if, in fact, that call is coming over the PRI? If so, did you verify the digits being sent to you from the CO?

War Eagle!!

Will do monitoring and get back with you. Thanks.

Yes that's how I searched.

I turned on msgi and called the number and it gets translated into another DID number. That DID goes to 8411. Another call to my provider to find out if they convert that number for me. Will post back when I know more.

OK our provider doesn't "translate" that number. Is there a way to strip the clid of that number.

As I said in my initial post the clid comes through as (xxx)xxx-5820. It actually comes into the PRI as xxx-0717 and then IDC to extension 8411. Is there a way I can completely strip the 8520 from coming in to the switch.

Again this is all because CallPilot will not recognize 8411 and hence when dialing (xxx)xxx-5820 will never go to VM. The message indicates like telebub says:

1) What does the CallPilot say when you roll to it? Does it give an error like "you have been forwarded to a voice mail system. However the person at xxxx does not subscribe to this service?"

except it's not xxxx it's (xxx)xxx-5820 does not subscribe to this service.

That's what I know so far.

TIA

A simple fix is to program into CallPilot what it is seeing. Go into mailbox 8411 (or whatever mailbox you want this call to reach) and program an extension DN of xxx-xxx-5820. CallPilot will then know what to do with that call.

War Eagle!!

Thanx telebub, but that did not solve it. I followed your directions for MB 8411 put in as second dn xxxxxx5820 and got the same message.

GHTROUT, nope that didn't solve it either.
However, when dialing the direct DID number 416-0717 it does work. I think it's still at the CO level as stated by tnphoneman.

Interesting GHTROUT. I haven't run across having to do that yet but I'll remember it.

It seems to me that it shouldn't matter what the CO is doing. If you know what digits are coming to you, you should be able to manipulate them to do what you want. This is strange why CP is telling you exactly what it sees but entering that exact string of numbers into an extension DN doesn't work.

Is your AC1 a "9"? In GHTROUT's attached thread it is saying to place the AC1 code in front of the string, which may not necessarily be a 9.

War Eagle!!

Forgive my ignorance. Is the AC1 the number that would be pressed to dial a call? If yes then yes I've added then 9 in front of the 10 digits in the users CP MB. So CP would see 9xxxxxx5820 with the same results.

If no the AC1 is not that number then what do I do to find the AC1 number?

TIA again.

telebub, I *think* it relates to AC1, but I am not sure. According to the original discovery back in 2006, it is AC1 - thread1553-1282972

I've never tried, but some have told me "you can put any digit in front of the number"

It was so odd. CP outright spoke the 10-digit number to us, but that leading "9" was needed in the CP DN listing.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Here's what the vendor found:

CLS smwa was not set.

Secondary Message Waiting.

I should have posted the TN. We could have gotten it resolved sooner.

Thanks to all of you who posted and helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back