Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialogic integration with BCM400 / ASM8+

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhnl

Vendor
Oct 21, 2002
CA
We have a Dialogic card (IVR) connected to four analog ports on an ASM 8+. Incoming calls are on PRI, the DID terminates to a hunt group. The four analog extensions are hunt group members.

Incoming calls work fine for a while then the ports stop answering. (ring no answer through hunt group or by dialing each DN individually) If I clip on a butt set I receive no dialtone on the port. If I clip off and on a couple more times the port seems to reset, I receive dialtone and the IVR answers calls yet again. Disabling and enabling the ASM8+ on the BCM also temporarily fixes the problem.

It almost sounds like a disconnect supervision problem of some sort. Enabling and/or disabling disconnect supervision on each port on the BCM does not seem to help.

I would hate to go back to separate analog lines from the CO. Any ideas how I can get this to work properly?

I have had the same problem with the BCM behind a PBX PRI going to analog ports into the BCM and then being transfered back out to the PBX the trunks won't release. are there any adjustments on the dialogic software to detect hangup or silence.

Are all 4 ports stop working at the same time? if so it means that the entire asm8+ freezes at some point, why not replace 2 of the existing asm8+ ports by 2 ata2 just to see if they stop working as well, if not i would use ata2 only instead. Does your IVR releases with the disconnect supervision? cause if its the case i would try using GTD(Global Tone Detection feature) on the DCOM software to detect dialtone or silence like acewarlock mentionned.

It seems to be random, not all 4 ports stop working at the same time. We have fax machines also connected to the same ASM8+ that work fine.

A Fax machine is not the same as a Dialogic port.

Use the monitor program to watch calls as they happen and make a few test calls to see if they release every time. On the one system I have that has this problem, I had to keep unplugging the line cord from the ports on the CTM8 to make the trunk release. I could use a OSP card in the Option 11C to the BCM to fix this, but I went with using real trunks to the telco from the BCM to transfer inconing call to an outside line.

Is there a Disconnect OSI detection parameter that can be set on the Dialogic boards via an API? Reading the datasheets for the ASM8+/GASM the OSI time period that is generated is a fixed value of 850 milliseconds.

Based on the problem description "If I clip off and on a couple more times the port seems to reset, I receive dialtone" it sounds like the Dialogic card is not detecting the OSI (Open Switch Interval). The clipping on and off will appear to be an On Hook event that the analog port is looking for from the attached analog device (ie the Dialogic card). Can you measure the duration of the OSI event that is generated from the GASM port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back