Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing through the IPO 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrigrant

Systems Engineer
Jun 21, 2004
CA
Only possible with VM Pro but be aware of toll fraude and make sure your analog line provider gives a reliable disconnect signal otherwise the line could left busy after a call.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

or one-x mobile?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

HSM, not on alog, only isdn and sip

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Ok, so a DID number coming through a T-1 or PRI, going straight to an auto attendant in VM PRO, then a transfer point to the short code 9N?

MRoberts

in its simplest for yes,check the VM Pro examples document for DISA

Please note the earlier comments regarding Toll fraud, these are the types of setups the hackers are looking to exploit.

if you really do need the option to make a call & then route to any external destination then as a bare minimum you need a strong pin on the inbound call, personally I would use CLI routing to ensure that only known parties could access it.

I would also make your customer sign a disclaimer stating they are aware of the possibility's of toll fraud.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

We have this option setup for a couple of customers.

You need a T-1 or PRI (BRI will also do, and we actually have our customers using SIP for the incoming part).

You need a mobility licence for the user who wants to do this.

Setup mobile twinning on this user and ensure Mobile Call control is ticked. Setup a DDI to go to destination 77731. Then setup a shortcode as

777XX
FNE Service
N
Whichever line group you want to use for the outgoing call.

Now when this user calls into the DDI setup above they will be returned a dialtone to make the call out via the phone system.

| ACSS SME |

IPGuru:

I looked through the examples and couldn't find one for DISA. BUT I can take an Incoming Call Route and have the destination be the VM Pro. The VM Pro would have an immediate transfer action to the short code 9N to get secondary dial tone. Right?

They are wanting a dedicated DID number not necessarily an "only from this phone" option (transfer point with a variable action (9N $CLI).

So that multiple people who work from hotels and home and such will dial this specific dedicated DID phone number and get a prompt to enter a password, then get secondary dial tone to dial out.

How to I set up the PIN or password you were talking about?

I should also say they are trying to do it without any Mobility or Teleworker licenses since they will be dialing from different phones all over the country.

MRoberts

You cannot just transfer to a 9N shortcode, it won't work.
In VM pro create a module with a menu, put a PIN code as the DTMF input and link that to a second menu with only a "$" as a action.
link this to a transfer action and enter 9$KEY as the transfer number.
The user dials in, goes to the VM Pro acton, enters a PIN code and gets into the second menu, put a dialtone wav file in it and the user can dial any number he wants to be transferred to, each digit must be entered within 4 seconds otherwise VM Pro assumes that the number is complete and stops collecting digits which will be transferred to the 9N shortcode.
VM Pro does not have any restriction on outgoing calls so any number entered can be used to get transferred.
Make sure the customer is aware of the possible toll fraud this can introduce!

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Ok... I almost have it. Just a couple clarifications...

When I put in my menu, I have my entry prompt where I could record, "please enter your password". On the General tab I see where it says PIN. That is where I put the password. Got that.

Then you are saying to link it to a second Menu. Where I could record, "please dial now" or put in a dial tone wav. But where do I put the "$" action. There is just general, entry prompts, touch tones, reporting and results.

Then the last part is a transfer where I go to the Specific tab and type in 9$KEY in the Destination box.

MRoberts

Other than making it work, remember that the resulting phone call - inbound on one analog line and out on another, will be less than stellar in quality... ESPECIALLY if starting from your cell phone.
Mike

Thanks guys. Yes, the toll fraud has been discussed with the customer as well as the quality issues.

pep77: I am taking notes on how you said to do it because I am sure I will be doing it that way sometime. It is just that this customer wants the password protection. But thank you for the answer!

amriddle01: I have not been here for ages and I do not deal with IPO day in and day out. It is just one system and one manufacturer that I handle. Since this particular request has not come up before, I didn't know how to do it on the IPO (I've done it plenty of times on other systems). So I did my reading and research, heck I googled it, and could not find exactly how to accomplish it.

Believe me, I try not to post here since I have found that nearly every time I do I get some kind of snarky comment about reading or being a newbie.

Now if you could please just explain where I put the "$" action in the second menu where I see no place for it. I would appreciate it.

MRoberts

Thank you Tom! And star for you,intrigrant :) Thank you.

How did you guys learn all of these different wild cards and how to use them?
I have seen documentation on wild cards but $ and things like KEY hasn't been on any of them.
I went to a licensed Avaya school for IPO but it certainly did not cover any of that kind of stuff.

MRoberts

Mrobbets
Sorry if you feel you are being given an unreasonable response n the forum.

it is often a fine line between assisting fellow engineers & cutting our own throats by helping an end user to avoid support charges.

My approach is to give an outline of the general principle with should be enough for someone familiar with telecoms with a reference to the correct documents where appropriate & leave the "get a maintainer" type comments for requests that appear too advanced for the poster in question or posters who seen to be permanently on the take, I have noticed your general imporvment as you have gained experience (that looks more patronizing than I intend) so do not fall into that category.

BTW sorry for my slight bum steer earlier, I though there was a reference to DISA in the VM examples Document but now see it is not there. This document is still worth working through step by step as it details many of the more commonly used VM Pro features.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back