Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing by Name on Option11 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugeneatwork

Technical User
May 31, 2007
US
Changing extension numbers from 8XXX to 6XXX and realized that I am loosing the ability to dial-by-name through the CallPilot.
I did change extension numbers in LD11 (these are 3904 sets) and I changed them in the CallPilot using CallPilot web gui. Nothing else (CLS, CLND etc.) changes.
Where else should I look for any restrictions? Looks like CallPilot(?) locks it to 8XXX format of the extension. Used Application Builder to create a tree which has "Allow dial by name" option. Again,- nothing changed on that tree either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

restriction/permission lists in the Call Pilot

Did you put the Names back in LD 95 after changing the DN. you probally didn't rebuild the Directory.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Dial by name is handled in the voicemail not the PBX based on the first and last name entered for the mailbox user. The problem is going to be in the RPL. It is probably allowing 6 and denying 8. Just need to reverse that.

Brain fart

Only when I smile!

why didn't I think of the "restriction/permission lists in the Call Pilot"

phonz1 - You called it right from the start. Apparently he doesn't need our help. Or we broke it and he doesn't want our advice any more.

or they used our advice and couldn't say thank you! that's alright, it's fun to be able to help when you can..........

Hi guys,

Sorry - I am a bit late with response... Was putting other fires down :)

And you are absolutely right - that was in Restrictions table, where number 6 was blocked. As soon as I removed it from there everything started working.

Thank you for your help - that was great!!!

I have more questions coming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back