Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial delay count 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dessertman

Technical User
Sep 27, 2009
SA
I can understand dial delay count 4 means system wait for 4 digits before short code lookup.
so 1 means system lookup per every digit dialed.
Whats the meaning of 0?

strictly speaking in means start processing immediately which in itself is not particularly useful on an IPO
it is usually used in conjunction with ';' in the short code as in
N; when the line provider does not support overlap dialling (i.e. sip lines)

this means wait until dial delay timeout has expired to ensure the full number has been dialled.

I am pretty sure this is detailed in the help files, a truly usefully resource that all IPO engineers should be familiar with

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Thanks for the help.
As you mentioned, I used dial delay count 0 in conjunction with ; to avoid # after dialing.
However I am facing another issue with this change. Customer has overlapping extensions. (911, 9115, 9116)so 9115 dial just 911.
so reverted to the original setup, dial delay count 4

User short code N; / +66N / SIP3 requires # after dialing. this is an issue.
Is there any solution for this without changing dial delay count to 0?

(N/+66N ARS N;/N/SIP Trunk works fine as system short code but same doesn't work when used as the user short code, it allows only 4 digit dialing)

Worse case I can request customer to give up 911X but want to know right thing we are doing.

Mixing 3 and 4 digit dial strings is going to be a headache no matter how you look at it. If 911 is your emergency number it is an even worse idea. I would explain it to the customer as a safety issue.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Your trying to work around any issue that should never have been setup in the first place. Whoever setup overlapping extension numbers was an idiot. But surely easier to remove the 911 number than all the 911X numbers.

The IP Office is always going to give priority to an extension number match regardless of your fiddling with the dialing settings. The only way round that that I know about is setting the phones to enbloc dialing.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Usually we set the counter to 1sec (dial delay time) and 4 (dial delay counter).

So there will not be a match as long as you dial digit by digit with less than 1 second between digits or before you have dialled 4 digits.

If your internal extensions are 5 digits set the dial delay counter to 5. No need for ; then.

Nevertheless... Avoid overlapping extensions/groups/shortcodes as ist makes more headache than it brings you forward.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

I am pleased, I have logical escape from this issue. reject 911x.
However,
why the following code allow external 10 digit dialing as system short code but not as user short code? user short code phones allow dialing of only 4 digits when calling outside and throw "INCOMPLETE".

90N/+66N ARS N;/N/SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back