Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detect an unobtainable tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeviet

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2003
GB
I've written an auto-dialler application with MiTAI but when it dials an unobtainable number the unobtainable tone is played to the rep but the application still reports that the phone is ringing. This causes the application to wait for the no answer timeout. I'd expect or hope to get a CallFailedEvent from MiTAI but it doesn't happen.

I've been looking into Tone Detection as when Mitel describes the Tone Detection feature it says "The system can detect and analyze call progress tones that originate from the central office during the course of a trunk call." But the Call Progress Tone Detection Plan Assignment help text says it only "specifies which call progress tones should be detected during call set-up"

Am I still in what would be considered the Call Set-up stage when the phone is ringing and I'm waiting for the 3rd party to answer?

Am I barking up the right tree?

I've had a look at the CCS trace and an unobtainable call looks the same as a ringing call there.

A similar thing happens when calling a mobile and the 3rd party ignores the call and they don't have voice mail. The ringing tone is replaced by a continuous tone.

Is there a better way to catch these tones that I'm missing?

Forgot to say: I'm using a Mitel 3300 ICP, Ver 7.1.3.4_2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back