Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop turns Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick13

Programmer
Jun 20, 2002
IN
i have a sis6326 ,8mb video graphic card.
when i start a computer after sometime the screen turns blue(Not the windows blue Screen)i.e.color of images and everything is distortedand then it again becomes normal.So visibility is affected.My friend advice me to clean the computer as he thought it may be because of dust ,but still not relief.

It sounds like you need to get a new video card your friend has a good suggestion on trying to blow the dust off it first.But i have a freind who rund a 8mb vid card on his system and the colors are often distorted.Your problem could also be how many hertz your monitor hertz your vid card is uppose to run at.

Hi
One reason could be a brake in the Monitor data cable to the vid card, or damaged pins connecting the cable to the card. Also loose connection would cause loss of colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back