Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Department Group NEC SV9100 With SIP Phone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liza R

Systems Engineer
Oct 30, 2019
ID
Hello all,

I have a question, is it possible if SIP Phone and analog phone are made in 1 department group?
because based on my test results, if SIP Phone and analog phone are made in 1 group, only the analog phone will ring when we call the extension pilot
Thank You

That is possible. Check again your programming.

Have you considered using a multi device group instead? MB 20-63 it has the added bonus that if a member of the group makes a call it uses the extension number of the pilot number and the pilot number shows as busy!

Make sure you have ZERO call forward features programmed.

Thank you for your support and sugesstion,
After I did some tests, there is still a problem when making a call from a proprietary IP phone, only members with digital and analog extensions ring (the sip phone doesn't ring), but if i test call with digital extension all member ring (SIP Phone, digital, analog)

Yep, can confirm. I set this up in lab and Sv8100-SV9100 do NOT allow 3rd party SIP phone to work in a dept group.

Thanks...did you try to make a call using a proprietary IP phone for test?

by default program peer to peer is on, I had try but same result...If calling from IP Phone Proprietary to Department group (2 SIP Phone extension) just 1 extension ring. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back