Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Denial Event 1191 Network Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmail

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
Definity CM1.2 and CM1.3 Setting up an IP trunk and getting this when dialing across it then a fast busy? Any ideas? H.323 sig group is up and fine. Trunk group is up and fine? Just cannot use the IP trunk.

Thanks.

According to the Avaya manual that translates to an ISDN Cause Code 38, Network Out of Order. In SIP that's a 503 or 502. I'm not sure about H.323. Still, it looks like it can't find the far gateway.

OK, a couple of thoughts.

The signal group MAY be up, but you really can't tell unless you are monitoring the IP messages during the attempted call setup. Try using Ethreal or some other message tracing tool to monitor the span. With the message you're getting, I doubt if it's really getting end-to-end. The trunk group will say available only if it's not busied out, because the path is not there until an actual call is set up.

The only time I can remember this happening was when a router or switch wasn't passing the message. It either didn't know about the far end or a table needed refreshed for new information to reach the far end (i.e. old ARP). If this is the case, you will see the outbound message from the originator in a trace, but you will not have any return messages from the far gateway.

I hope this got you somewhere in the right direction.

YMMV :)

Bernie

Well thanks Bernie....We found that the far end G3 had a router typo on the ip address of the gateway. Changed and all is well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back