Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delayed Delivery VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopdog

MIS
Jan 9, 2007
US
I think I saw a post relating to this problem in the past, but can't seem to find it. Anyway, I have reports of voicemails appearing in users in boxes days after the message is left. Anyone have any idea where I should start looking for problems or what might cause this to happen? Thanks

Check the VMPRO/AVAYA date/time!

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

What IPO and VM software are you running?

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Start a ping to the VMPro server, then look if it keeps answering.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

The problems I found related to this have been mostly user ralated.. They skip over the message while listening to others and next time they go in they find it and say it wasn't there before..

In another case I spent weeks chasing this issue and after using the debug tool and monitor found out the users we getting the message and deleting them.. Then telling there boss they never got it...

Shhhhhhhhhish..

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Have been using this system for 5 years and never had this problem, then 2 separate users complained of the same thing the same week, so I don't think it is user error.

running the debug tool is the only way to find this I am afraid. Some people also skip over the message when they press # but all this is guessing without the trace.
But my bets are with NYSTECH here for user problem. :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Can you please provide some information on the debugging tool, have never used it before. Is it included with software or download? Thanks.

Stop the "Voicemail Pro Service" the Right click on the VMPro service, then goto the "Log on" tab.
Tick the option "Allow service to interact with desktop"
Start the service. It now should start up with an extra window which will give you some loggings.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Also look in the Windows Eventviewer.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Check the file LATIME.txt for that user.
This will show the last time for a vm message.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back