Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay Ring setting on G700

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryGP40

MIS
Aug 27, 2008
US
Hi there!

I'm hoping to get a little guidance here. I have setup a bridged-appearance to our main Help Desk line to two other technicians who can act as backups. Trouble is this:

The phone needs to not ring immediately so I set it to delayed ring, figuring the phone will ring after the initial call appearance has been ringing for 3 times.

Trouble is this: the phone flashes an indicator to show the phone is ringing, engaged, etc. on the other phones, but it never actually physically starts ringing the phones after 3 rings. It just shows the indicator flashing, but the phone doesn't ring. I changed the coverage path of the line they want to monitor to 6 rings, but it still doesn't ring on the bridged-appearance phones before the initial caller goes to coverage.

I hope I'm making this somewhat clear...I have configured the bridged appearances and it's working, but not ringing the phones with the bridge on it, so not sure where to go. I assume it is something to do with the way delay rings are handled. I just started at this place and have no idea how it was setup before I got there :)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

~Gary

Hopefully this helps!!

5. For the Per Button Ring Control field (digital sets only):
? If you want to assign ringing separately to each bridged appearance, type y.
? If you want all bridged appearances to either ring or not ring, leave the default n.
Figure 48: Station screen
6. Move to Bridge Call Alerting.
If you want the bridged appearance to ring when a call arrives at the primary telephone,
type y. Otherwise, leave the default n.
7. Complete the appropriate field for your telephone type.

I am no expert but here is something I found out, if you set a phone to delayed ring, 1: call-appr you need to set the field (Auto-A/D? n) to Yes. I dont think this directly resolves your issue but its a field I changed that fixed my problem from a previous date.

I didn't look at the Auto-A/D field, but I know I played around with the Bridged Call Alerting and Per Button Ring control and nothing fixed it. I changed the ringing from single to continuous as well. It still never rings the phones on brdg-appr. I will look tomorrow at the Auto-A/D field tomorrow when I get to the office. I even changed the system paramters from 2 ring to 3 on abbreviate/delay ring but it did not help. I'm leery of making the coverage path too long since I want to induce the call into a vector for after-hours to go to a coverage path, if the phone rings too long the caller will get exasperated and hand up.

~Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back