Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay Paging using VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiris

Programmer
Jun 27, 2012
US
There have been many posts on this over the years but none seem to come very close to what I'm looking for. I'm finding that in some environments, the Cloud IP Office with J100 series phones can create some echo and feedback on realtime paging. So I've gotten delay paging as user friendly as I can with VM Pro but let me know if there is something more I can do. I'd like to take out the "hold" softkey at the end of this.

Create #4 (or other) dial paging to page group shortcode
Create #3 (or other) voicemail collect "page" shortcode

In vm pro create module "page"
add voice question with record prompt 30 seconds
connect whisper action with Play Recording enabled, Play recording to #4, auto accept checked (may not be needed), and a wav file of at least 2 seconds to play before the recording (I added a guitar chord here as paging tone--with some silence before at the beginning of the file).
Connect all results to a Disconnect action

Save all configs. On the phone dial #3, at the beep speak the page message, press #, press Hold softkey, hangup

I like it all until I have to press # and Hold. The call has to stay open until the page finishes playing so pressing Hold and having the call disconnect automatically saves the user some time. But if I could get the call to be held in voicemail or something that would be great. I still like this version better than using Edit Play List and Post Dial because the Edit play list menu takes forever. Let me know if there is an even better way...

In the start action you can set to complete the call flow with a time out "Complete Sequence" will force the call flow to complete even if the caller has hung up.

Thanks yes, I've tried that but unfortunately the recording doesn't play even though the callflow is likely completing. It seems dependant on the caller waiting on hold. Let me know though if you've got it to work. Thanks again

So far I've also tried initiating a conference call with a silent file playing from a "phantom" extension's voicemail at the beginning of the callflow. But I can only get hold music doing this. (If I had a conference going, I could possibly take out one more step and simply press # and hang up the call--hopefully the conference call would hold the line). The existing actions don't really seem geared for paging this way. The capability is there if Avaya wanted to just add a delay paging action. Powered By has virtually unlimited voicemail ports...

I only got this to work with one setup
shortcode to module in VM

Module start point - Edit Play List - Park and page to play the recording to the group or user

not very convenient because you have to dial the shortcode then press 2 then record press 2 again and then press 3

Not pretty but it works :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thanks. Yeah this office won't go for all the button presses...cool that you used park and page... Hmmm, maybe if I find that vm pro is storing the file from Voice Question as a temp with the same name every time, I could get it to play through park and page or post dial ...

I haven't found one yet but is there a variable that will hold audio? (meaning, a variable that will save audio and then play it back later, like there is for dtmf etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back