Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3Si Call Forward to Outside caused Busy Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kely

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
HK
Hello....

Is there anyone can help on the call forward issue. i'm now trying to configure a extension in our Definity G3Si system to forward to an outside number using a Coverage Remote feature, however, whenver the first call is forwarded to outside, the second call can't be forwarded. It's saying the line is busy.

Any idea? Thanks a lot!!

Kelvin

Is the extension in the Definity assigned to a multi-line set? Try using a set type of 8410D.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reply. The extn is already configured as 6408D+. And the first call actually can reach the forwarded number (located in other office), by then, i made another call to the same number, then it just returned with busy tone, and i need to wait for awhile so that can reach that forwarded number again.

Kelvin

Is the number that you are forwarding to capable of receiving multiple calls? Does it have coverage at the remote location?

Kevin

Yes, the remote number is in a hunt group. And the problem won't happen if I call that remote number directly, not through our PABX extn.

How many trunks do you have? Remember, each call will require two trunks to complete...

It's T1 trunk with 23 channels. And there is many free ports.

DEFINITY ECS Release 9 Administrator’s Guide
Off-Net Call Coverage
Whenever an incoming trunk call is redirected off-net (coverage or forwarded), a
timer is set that precludes any other incoming trunk call from redirecting off-net
until the timer either expires or is cancelled. The rationale for this mechanism is to
prevent calls that were redirected off-net from being re-routed back to the original
principal from the off-net destination, effectively creating a round-robin loop that
continuously seizes trunks until they are exhausted.

Read flight instructions :)

Thanks Dimas,

But our Definity is version 6.3, is it also come with this option?

Kelvin

Kelvin,
For you version is more concretical text:
Off net
If call on an incoming trunk is forwarded to an off-net number, any other calls on
and incoming trunk to the same extension within the next 30 seconds receive
busy tone or redirect to coverage if Send All Calls is assigned. This prevents the
first call from forwarding back from a remote device and then being forwarded
again, thus ultimately using all available trunks.
(DEFINITY® Enterprise Communications Server Release 6
Administration and Feature Description 555-230-522)

Hi Dimas,

Is it possible to adjust this interval? Or any other alternative solution?

Kelvin

I don't see alternative solution for hard traffic density.
Ask callers to wait a minute and dial again.
Use AAR/ARS digit conversion table to transfer incoming number to the remote location right away (without call on principal station). Or may be look for some ideas about Direct Acccess Procedure (Vectoring).

Can you tell me something more about AAR/ARS? Coz I've never use that feature before... thanks a lot.

It is a long story... :)
There are feature codes to access ARS and AAR tables.
Tables are identical, but traditional ARS - for public network calls and AAR for private net.
For example look ARS:
When station user (or incoming trunk) dials Feature Access Code to ARS Definity waits for other digits until dialed combination not matches the string assigned in ARS digit-conversion table. After conversion or if digits are not matched any combination Definity check the dialed string with ars analysis digit combination and if some string is equal - routes the call to the route pattern assigned in the matched string.
For understanding look commands:
list(display,change) ars digit conversion
list(display,change) ars analysis
list(display,change) route-pattern
There are many levels of information under each of those commands which could be waked up (COR,FRL,Partitioning,Toll,...) and we can drown into it if you don't take an Administration manual.

good luck

A shot in the dark since I don't know that much, but on page 2 in DSA for Ch Sta there is a "select Any Line Appearance". Click it to Yes. Might let the next call role over and grab the next line appearance to forward the call. If I'm totally wrong, feel free to let me know.

It doesn't help even enabled "select Any Line Appearance". ^^"...

Please check page two of the system parameters coverage page. Sample below:

SYSTEM PARAMETERS CALL COVERAGE / CALL FORWARDING

COVERAGE OF CALLS REDIRECTED OFF-NET (CCRON)

Coverage Of Calls Redirected Off-Net Enabled? y
Activate Answer Detection (Preserves SBA) On Final CCRON Cvg Point? y
Ignore Network Answer Supervision? y
Disable call classifier for CCRON over ISDN trunks? y

Just a thought
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hi 1a22ip,

Thanks for your info. I can see that page, however, I couldn't turn on this option. Any sugguestion?

Kelvin

Sorry for the delay I took a mental health day.

On the money page (display system-parameters customer-options)see if this is at a "Y":
Cvg Of Calls Redirected Off-net? y

Hope this is it
Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Ooh no...! It's "N". So what should I do next?

Kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back