Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Paging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrenBlaine

Technical User
Aug 6, 2007
US
My plant started up a little over a year ago. We didn't occupy offices for the first 8 months. The tech team that put in our communication system is no longer around, and we have floundered through much of the operation of our phones system by sifting through websites. We got Voicemail set up, extensions for everyone, lines internal/external, and our off hours message working. The one thing I know was set up that we cant seem to figure out is the paging system. There are speakers set up all over the plant and they are all tied in to one "extension" and no one knows how to use them.

We are using the Merlin we have MLX-10D in the offices and Operators is a MLX-28D. The Merlin set up has the processor, 2 (408 GS/LS-MLX) boards, 1 (008 MLX), 1 (012 with Ring Gen), and there is a amp for the P.A. system, which is a Bogen model TPU-100B with the plug going to #4 on one of the 408's. (8 plugs on bottom, 4 on top, 1 by itself, its in #4 of top set)

I have no idea how to get the phones in the offices to use the P.A. system which would be very usefull since the place is so dense no bodies cell phone works under the roof. Any suggestions on a typical default set up for dialing the P.A. or a possible process of elimination would be helpfull.

Paging on a Legend is usually done with a trunk port, programmed as a paging port, connected to the amplifier.

From your main phone, try

Menu
System Programming
Exit (or Start)
Aux Equip
Ldspkr Pg
Inspect

This should reveal which trunk number is the paging line.

Then, to access it from a phone, dial #9 and the trunk number. (#9 being "pickup", and the trunk number of the paging interface).

You can program this on a button on the phones.

You can also renumber the paging line to something that's easy to remember, or easy to dial. I usually renumber it to "63". Then for paging, it's #963, which is dialing straight up the right hand side of the dialpad.

Tried following these steps on both my office phone, and the main operator phone, but the only programing option I get is for the phone itself. It will allow me access to the program functions of the phone itself, but I dont see anything to "inspect" the function of something outside the phone. Is there some special ninja code to access the system program function?

Local programming would be done using an MLX-20L telephone. Is that the type of phone found at the main operator's position [ponder]

system programming could be done from an MLX20 plugged into any of the first 4 ports, do you have any MLX 20 phones? IF so go to the phone and press the menu button, if it is the correct extension you will see sys prog and mait in the bottom right side of the screen after pressing menu.

in the meantime I would try dialing #96 from the intercom of any phone to test paging. if that does not work try #963. if still no luck you will probably need to get through the steps described previously.

It sounds like you don't have a MLX 20L set on site. Since the paging is plugged into the #4 port...I think you said the second 408MLX module had the paging plugged into it then try #9808 and see if you can page. lg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back