Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECT R4 - Master Cell Low Memory Error 0x00120001 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew092677

Technical User
May 10, 2009
GB
IP 500 V2 Release 7 with DECT R4. Master Cell & 3 Slave Cells. All IPBS[4.1.30], Bootcode[4.1.30].

The memory usage of the Master Cell continually increases at a constant rate even during the night when no one is using DECT. Every 3 days it gets to the point where the Master Cell will error

0x00120001 - Critical - Memory Low

Half an hour later the Master Cell will restart giving

0x000b0001 - Major - Unexpected Restart WATCHDOG (2) of 4.1.30

After the restart memory usage will be low again but will start to increase at a constant rate. This cycle keeps repeating every 3 days.

Not sure if this is a programming issue, firmware issue or hardware issue? Anybody experienced this before?

imageview.php

What kind of base stations do you have?
Do you have normal 8channels base stations or compact base stations?
How many dect phones do you use?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Another question:

Do you use provisioning or not on the dect base station?

BAZINGA!

1 x Master Cell = Normal 8 Channel Cell
3 x Slave Cells = Compact 4 Channel Cell

13 DECT Users

Provisioning is used.

There are issues with provisioning.
You are using the 8 channels rbs as master which ok.

I think you better default the base stations and start over but then without provisioning.

You have to register all dect phones again!

BAZINGA!

I have had this on a few sites and have cases with Avaya. I turned off the provisioning but calls kept dropping and I had issues with one way speech (not QOS Issues) so I rolled back the firmware until Avaya sort the 4.1.30 firmware out.

Dave, are you sure it is the 4.1.30 firmware?

BAZINGA!

Dave,

I have the same problem with random one way speech issues on incoming calls. It only happens on DECT handsets and isnt a QOS / network issue. This only seems to occur on day 3 , where the memory usage is very high (the last day before the Cell reboots).

Just wondering what firmware did you roll it back to and did this fix the one way speech issues?

Hi tlpeter, All the base stations were at 4.1.30 which comes in the IPO Rel 7 dect folder, when i downgraded them to 3.2.8 (from Avaya support site)all the issues stopped and everything is now working fine. Apart from the central phone book which has completely disappeared from the menu on the dect

Thanks dave.

Is the phonebook stuff gone from the menu on the base station or on the dect phone itself?
Does it still work on the phone?

BAZINGA!

its gone from the base station menu, hopefully Avaya will sort this out quickly I quite like the provisioning!

But when you set it up it works.
After the downgrade it is gone.
But does it still work.
I don't care if it is gone, when it works it is fine for me :)

BAZINGA!

the central phone book doesn't work because you cant set it up in the dect as the menu is missing.

That is bad :)

BAZINGA!

Can you try this file: ipbs_v3p3p13

This is the latest before they went to 4.1.30
This file is on the adminCD for 6.1.12

BAZINGA!

Thanks,

I cant seem to find the IPBS[3.2.8] firmware. I do have the IPBS[3.3.11] firmware which is running sucessfully on one of our other sites.

If a roll back the firmware will I loose the config? Will I have to set the whole DECT back up again?

Also is it ok to have

IPBS[3.3.11] Bootcode[4.1.30]

I downloaded tthe boot file and the ipbs file from the avaya support site.

I tried downgrading without the boot file at first but it wouldnt take.

i can email the boot and ipbs file if you like

Keep the bootfile 4.1.30. This one is OK. It' just the firmware file 4.1.30 which is crap.
Just downgrade the firmware to 3.3.13 found in Admin CD 6.1 (12).

Login to master, make a backup
Disable provisioning
Login to all other IP-RBS
'Upgrade' firmware to 3.3.13 on all slaves and the master
Disable provisioning in Manager, enable auto-create User/Extn
Switch off/on the handsets

When a new 4.x is available, do it the same way to upgrade and enable provisioning.

This procedure will keep the currently registered handsets.

Setup 3 Compact Base Stations over the last few days with 5 handsets - installed 4.1.30 (after reading this was prepared to downgrade if need be) and after 2 days of heavy testing I have not had any memory usage increase at all.

Also checked our in house DECT (also a compact base station) and this has been running for about 6 weeks, also on 4.1.30 and again no memory leakage.

Therefore I am wondering if this issue only exists on the normal base stations and not the compact ones.

| ACSS SME |

Pepp77, i did an install today with 5 compact base station on that firmware but on 6.1.22 and no issues at all.
I wonder if it is a 7.0 issue.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back