Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dead Port on Analog Station Module M0X8A

Status
Not open for further replies.

agatep1

MIS
Aug 7, 2002
US
Recently, I had a fax machine that had no dial tone and after investigating the problem found that the port(07) had no dial tone. Fortunately I had another port and moved the wiring over to that one to fix my problem.
My questions are: Is this common? and Can I do anything to "re-vive" the port?

Thanks.

It is not common. Check in maint that port is not disabled. Also try resetting module. If no luck you have a blown port.

Good Luck!!

Was this port ever live and in use? Perhaps the 25-pair cable to the module is defective. Check both ends of the cable for a possible transposed tip or ring, bad connection, or broken lead, and check for end-to-end continuity on pair 7. Are you terminated on BIX 1A strips? I have had these connectors defective out of the box.

The port was active and functioning and suddenly just died. I will re-boot the module this weekend and hopefully it will come back up. I also looked in maintenance and the port was enabled, I disabled the port and then re-enabled it, but still no dial tone.

Thanks for your reply's. All have been very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back