Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dead Analog Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

StopGo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
CA
Hello,
I have an Option 11 that was powered down on the weekend. ON power up - everything came back except the analog card. In LD 32, i disabled the card then enabled. The TN's are programmed but there is no DT on the TN's.
How can i check if the card is bad?
Thanks.

If it is the only analog card you have, swapping it with another isn't an option - which would be the desired test.

So, disable it, pull it away from the backplane, then use the power of your inner being to will the card into operation, then push it back into the backplane slot and it will work.

Sounds hokey...but trust me about the power you have over this system.

You will have a working card.

~

Thanks. I already did all that and it did not work. Guess i do not have all that internal power :(
Are there any diagnostics that i can do on this card?
Thanks.

GHTROUT,
I did it one more time and what do you know - the card is working!
Thanks a bunch.

You did that before I told you that the power was there.
:)

OK, OK I know I'm sounding hokey. However in 25 years of sleeping with these systems I have been stuck with no alternative but "hope it works" many times. And I've been amazed hundreds of times as well. Trust me - you can influence the outcome and I have no way to prove that other than ...

I'll bet JP will concur

~

Now i know. When it is not working, you feel frustrated. Now, i have this silly grin because there is not way of explaining this.
I am just happy it is fine now 'cause, it is the only card i have in this switch.

reseating a card can bring it up.. notice that the card is ld 32 disc x, when you reseat it, it has to blink 3 times... if it does it passed the only test you have access to.. like gh said, not always a fix-all but always worth a shot..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i always admit that, just not when managent is in the room.. they tend to believe it!!! i walked in a switchroom with an old 21 down.. drove 200 miles to get there,, three techs on site for 30 hours.. i got there they walked across the street for coffee and a short break.. they had just ini'ed the switch for the 30+ time.. and old rls 8 or 10? switches took forever... they hadn't even cleared the courthouse when someone told them the phones were back up... to this day those three think i cast a spell.. they were almost mad because i wouldn't tell them what i done,, truth was, she booted and i logged on started checking for dis cards.. it just booted... we all know deep inside that it magic

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It's something we got from the L, LE, VLE and XL system.

How funny... my first long term site assignment was at a place called "MGIC" and the two-group 2200 station SL-1 VLE was nicknamed "MaGIC by National Telecom.

They were acquired by Northern Telecom during my employ...which was also unusual... The two people they sent to spy on us before the acquisition included the son of Nortel Chairman Edmund Fitzgerald...assigned to me for three weeks. Yes, the grandson of the name behind the song about "The Edmund Fitzgerald"

~

it's a small world i guess

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Well, this made me a believer. I disabled the card and enabled three times. I removed it from the slot twice and after GH's posting, i did it one more time and lo and behold.
Fewer troubles to worry about tomorrow morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back