Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daylight Savings Time 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
In case you did not know already, you will need to change your Daylight Savings Time parameters for next year.

In 2007 Daylight savings will start on March 11 and end on November 4.

Most of the sites I have looked at are set for April and October.

Just a heads up.

Hope this is useful.

John

Outstanding reminder. Please remember to repost before the next Daylight Saving change.

~

I WOULDN'T EVEN BOTHER, THEY DON'T WORK. NORTEL WORKING ON A FIX, MAYBE PATCH OR NEW SOFTWARE. JUST GET YOUR CHECKBOOK OUT AND START WRITING

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

We monitor about 85 CS1000 systems and they all changed like a charm. What release are you working with?

John

The one thing that does concern me is the change to the Windows Servers. I guess Microsoft will come out with a Hotfix for this change? Or has someone seen this fix for Windows already?

John

Is it applicable in United Kingdom as well?

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU CHANGE IT IN LD 2
FWTM MAR 3 SUN 11 AT 02:00:00
BWTM NOV 2 SUN 4 AT 02:00:00

but when you do TDST to verify my input I get:
FWTM APR 1 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 2/4/2006 )
BWTM NOV 2 SUN 4 (AT 04:00 12/11/2006 )

CHECK AGAIN

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Nortel's web site tech search is still silent on this issue. However, there is a bulletin (2006007427) released on 10/27 for the BCM and Norstar platforms.

I still have two 2.02 Call Pilot systems (running unsupported MS NT 4.0) that I am concerned about, in addition to my CS1000.

PS, I think the whole DST week change thing is a scheme to pad the billable hours for those of us that will have to have techs out to put these patches into place.

This is not applicable to the UK, only the US.

John

Someone correct if if I'm wrong, but doesn't SCCS and Call Pilot derive their time off of the PBX? If this is true, then doesn't the DST settings for the CP and SCCS become somewhat moot?

That's correct. I forgot about that in my zeal to correct my data servers. sorry

John

In the UK, It's..

transmit "LD 2^M~~" ; Set-up Daylight saving hours
transmit "FWTM 3 5 1 02^M~~"
waitfor "."
transmit "BWTM 10 5 1 02^M~~"
waitfor "."
transmit "SDST ON^M~~"
transmit "****~~"

The info has been taken from my procomm script.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Just have to remember that you cant perform the change until November 6th of this year.

If you change it today, the switch will change time 4 days from today....the first Sunday in November

~

That would be funny if someone changed it already....

or maybe not that funny.

Just changed this for next year, for the USA DST change. I believe I have it done correctly, however, I notice the Meridian is giving me 2006 dates...as if this is how it went down in 2006. I assume once the year rolls over to 2007, it will show me 2007 dates. I'll make a note to check after the new year.

SDST ON
FWTM MAR 2 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 12/3/2006 )
BWTM NOV 1 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 5/11/2006 )

hiyosilver333 - all is correct. Those settings will carry over to 2007.

[highlight #CCFFFF][/highlight]

taking this action does not provoke a sys right ?

Josephine Vigil
Henderson, Nevada USA

thanks -
never of heard of that happening in ld 2
but just wanted to make sure

Josephine Vigil
Henderson, Nevada USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back