Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daylight Savings Time 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the SCCS and Call Pilot get their time from the switch (81C in my case), then I don't need to worry about the Windows patches? What if the servers are set to automatically adjust for DST? I really don't want to get a call from any of the call center managers at 5:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. Thanks in advance.

If you have windows servers, it will follow windows protocol, even though sym will be fine, the server will still be off unless you put the windows server hotfix on. if using CP desktop messaging, it (the messages in mailbox on pc)will be off by an hour. If you do nothing, it will sync in April.

Well, its happening this weekend...and I know with my PBX, we wont get any patches/updates or whatnot. I'll be stuck with the dum terminal.

Is there something wrong with just using LD 2 to change it to the appropiate time? Then do it again a few weeks later of course.

IT Admin (Meridian/PBX Newbie)
SaferTextiles Newark, NJ
Meridian Option11
Version 1411
Release 21
Issue 7+
MerMail 10.7.2

if you don't change dst, and it is on, it will chg in April. If you want to turn DST off and do it @ 2 yourself (???) you certainly have that option.

Its a quick change in LD 2 to do...and I have to reset the time a lot anyway because we have frequent power outages or something and the guards reset the cabinets.

IT Admin (Meridian/PBX Newbie)
SaferTextiles Newark, NJ
Meridian Option11
Version 1411
Release 21
Issue 7+
MerMail 10.7.2

Can someone tell me how and when to program for the time change? I have Option 61c, Succession 3, and an Option 11, Succession 4..

Do it now.

To move the clock forward on the 2nd Sunday of March at 2 am
FWTM 3 2 1 2

To move the clock backward on the 1st Sunday of November at 2 am or change the last digit to 3 to change it at 3am
BWTM 11 1 1 2 ( I would put 11 1 1 3)tld
JohnThePhoneGuy

FYI -- Looks like some new PEPs for DST change on CallPilot 4.04.04 were released yesterday that include the latest Microsoft DST patch (KB931836).

CP404S03G23S - for CP 4.04.04 SU03, replaces CP404S03G21S

CP404S02G56S - for CP 4.04.04 SU02, replaces CP404S02G19S, CP404S02G29S, and CP404S02G55S

Many thanks phone guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back