Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

be1s

Programmer
Dec 8, 2003
US
I'm using a subform with it's default view set to datasheet. In the cells of the datasheet, is it possible to place a drop down so that the user can select from a list?

To gain full form's functionality play with continuous form instead of datasheet.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I had a similar problem. You can create a query based on a drop down in a form and and add that query in the subform form worked for me.

In the design view of the table you can set
"LookUp | Diplay Control" to Combobox and required rowsource..

Note PHV's suggestion too.

How are ya be1s . . .

I agree with [blue]PHV[/blue]. [purple]You loose alot of form functionality in DataSheet View.[/purple] Beause of this I've never used it.

Besides . . . you can make a [blue]Continuous Form [/blue] look just like a datasheet! . . . [blue]So why loose most of your form power because of a view?[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Sorry for getting back so late.

I am be1s, however I can no longer login in with that handle. So now I'm bxgirl.

Thanks your for your suggestions. Decided to use continuous forms as my default view of my subform. The subform is based on a query that joins multiple tables. I need to make one of the controls a combo box. It needs to retain it's current value and have the ability to be modified based on what the user selects. How can I do that?

I think I figured it out. I created a combo box on the subform and I've selected to store the value in the field on my subform. However when I run the main form I get the following error

"The value you entered isn't valid for this field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back