Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

camidon

Programmer
May 9, 2000
US
I'm trying to develop a web based application that will allow me to manipulate an Access database over the internet or on an intranet.&nbsp;&nbsp;The application will be used to track support calls and customer information.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am designing the actual database structure in MS Access.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am not sure if you can do this over the internet/intranet, but I would like to be able to fully manipulate this database.<br><br>Any help is appreciated.<br><br>Christopher

Dear Christopher,<br><br>Will you be using IIS for your web server? If so go to msdn.microsoft.com and research ASP and ADO technologies.<br><br>Active Server Pages(ASP) is a scripting interface that runs under IIS. It supports the use of ActiveX controls. <br><br>Active Data Objects(ADO) can be used in ASP through the ADODB collection of ActiveX controls. These two technologies can by used to interact with your Access files on the web server. Alternatively if your database is expecting very much action you might consider SQL Server as your database.<br><br>Also you will find the discussion 'Microsoft: Active Server Pages here at tek-tips useful for this topic.<br><br>Good luck<br>-pete

What language will you be using or want to use to query the database?&nbsp;&nbsp;ASP?&nbsp;&nbsp;Cold Fusion? <p>Steve Cohen<br><a href=mailto:stevo@zapdesigns.com>stevo@zapdesigns.com</a><br><a href= Designs</a><br>

I will most likely be using ASP..&nbsp;&nbsp;Will the ASP allow me to use a Microsoft Access database as my datatype?<br><br>Christopher

Yes see my previous post in this thread.<br><br>-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back