Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data mining the PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerbertim2

Technical User
Mar 6, 2014
US
Hi All
I was curious if anyone could help with commands used to find out all the info I can get on the TN's in the system. I received an email that we will be upgrading our PBX and they had a couple questions about the amount of phones ect. Here are the basics from the email:
1.       Number of analog lines.
2.       Number of digital lines.
3.       Number of lines that use voice mail.
4.       Number of single analog trunk line (direct from the phone company) we have.
5.       Number of DID’s we use.
6.       Number of 800 numbers we use.
7.       Breakout lines that are within the office vs lines down in the yard.
8.       Note lines used for fax machines or modems, both direct from phone company or off the PBX as extensions.
I'm sure more questions will be asked so if you think of other things I could take note of it certainly wont hurt. Thanks for any help

In LD 22 you can do an SLT and it will show you some of this information. Also in LD 81 you can do a count on sets as well as in ld 21 do an ltm to see what type and how many trunks you have. A lot of this stuff only you can answer with some investigation of phone bill's, talking to all departments, etc. You wont find all this information in the PBX. If you have already selected a vendor part of this responsibility is theirs to help you with. If you are going to do this via an RFP then the majority of this falls on you or you could hire a consultant if this is out of your job duties.

For an overall picture of the number of phones and different types etc, you might want to download
and follow the word doc guide that explains how to use the excel tool.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks to both of you, its very much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back