Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customizing ipo start page 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringvoltage

Vendor
Nov 12, 2012
US
When navigating to the ipoffice, it gives a web page with a simple list of available links - Web Manager, Self admin etc.
How do I change that page? I didn't see anything on the SD card. worse yet it encourages indexing (<meta name="robots" content="index,follow">) and it seems to be have been generated by MS Word.

I tried searching but if it exists in the docs, I must not be using the correct words to describe it.

Appreciate the help.

There are no documents on how to change that site and I would leave it alone if you are not a really good html programmer.

You could go into the EEWebManagement folder on the SD card and see what the sites have and adjust but again the system is not designed to do that and every upgrade would wipe out your changes and adjustments you made.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

I looked at that file. The index.html in that folder is the for the self-administration page. It's not the main menu that is ipofficeaddress.com/index.html

The indexing follow won't be an issue as you don't have your IP Office accessible from the external internet do you?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

It is. I have remote SIP phones. As far as I know, they need port 80 for settings file. Maybe that's wrong.

@ringvoltage

If you read the index.html it points to javascript files, if you are an expert in javascript go ahead.
If you want to change the ipoaddress.index.html to the webmangement for example just redirect it to ipoaddress.WebMgmtEE/WebManagement.html

My apologies for not understanding...

I can change the javascript no problem, but where is the file to change? It's not the WebMgtEE index.html file. That file provides the menu for web management. I've done full text searches on the SD card contents looking for a file that contains any of the info on the page and there aren't any files that match.

Just to be clear this is the page I am referencing:

indexpage_sabgun.jpg

You can recreate the SD card and say no to the web manager files. Then when you try to browse to that page you will get an error message and won't be able to login.

You need to be 100% sure that your system is not reachable with manger from the outside world or you opened a huge can of worms that you need to fix immediately.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Don't look on the SD card. Look in the Avaya folder on your PC in the memory Cards section, this will have all the javascript files you need.

I'm not sure of the question? You want to change the HYPER Links or what is displayed on the .index.html home page

If you just want to hide prying eyes from finding the "About IP Office" page, bookmark the webmanagement links so you can get there if you need to, then create your own index.html file and upload to the Primary folder on the SD card.

Thank you sir! TouchToneTommy is a a gentleman and a scholar. That worked great. Thanks again.

Someone suggested when using Equinox (IX Workplace now) to put a blank index.html file on the card. The system will still serve the 46xxsettings.txt file when requested, but when someone hits the IPO's public IP with a browser, they don't gather any information about your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back