Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

customer ringing for groups or 9611

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-man

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2018
US
I found some confusing info, so I am just going to start here. The customer has 9.1 with some 9611G phones.. They are having a hard time distinguishing between the internal calls and the group ring calls. Similar ring tones. Is there anyway to adjust this? used to be you can go to the phones and customize the rings, but that feature does not seem to be available now.

so just to confirm, there is no custom ring on the 9611's ? If i remember correctly, the 9608s can change the ring.

I tried setting custom ring to the group, that didn't seem to work either. They just want the two to be different.

You can distinguish between internal and external calls simply by reading the display. Yes, you can change your ringtone like on the 9608 however that ring tone will apply to any inbound call.

The only alternative is to set a unique ring tone for the hunt group. This only works with certain handset models too.

First step is to go to System | Telephony | Ring tones
under 'ring tone plan' select one of the classic ring tone options and give it a name (You can set others up using this same method later)

Second step is to visit Group | Group and select the name of the ring tone you used above under 'Ring tone override'

Save & merge settings.

Important: Again, this will only work with certain handsets: 1400 Digital handsets, 9500 Digital handsets or J Series SIP (Except J129). It won't work on the 9611G.

I've tested this with the J series SIP Handsets and it works.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back