Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom CMS Report based off of Historical VDN report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen216

MIS
Jul 13, 2006
US
I created a vector that routes a call to a separate vdn for each button press. Now I need to aggregate the data. Right now, I run 20 separate VDN reports (historical, skill-monthly), one for each vdn, and then manually put the data together.

I would like to make a custome report that takes the basic report, but puts the date at the top and on the side, allows me to have one line per vdn....

so basically taking the rport on the top, and making it like the one on the bottom....
view

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=bd01bd2d-67ec-4f7f-817d-48c1b904feb2&file=Untitled.jpg
Open your daily report. I'm assuming you're using the standard VDN report: Report (Skill) Daily

Select Report | Design

Select Report | Save As and rename it something like: Multiple VDN Daily Report (You DO NOT want to write over the standard report! Saving it as a different name is important)

If you only want administrators of the system and yourself to see the report, select Only Me. If you need others to see it select Everyone and then click OK.

Select Edit | Queries...

Select QUERY0 and click Edit

In the Query Assistant window, in the Database Items list, find VDN and click Add so it shows up in the Query Items. For clean reference, move the VDN item up to the top of the list, just under Row Date and before Vector by clicking the Move Up button.

Click Save

The system will warn you to change the query total as well, click OK.

Select total in the Query Select window and click Edit.

In the Query Assistant window, click in the Other: section and enter '-' then click Add, move this up to be between the 'Totals' and the other '-' entry in the Query Items list.

The system will warn you to change the query QUERY0, click OK. (we already did that)

Click Close on the Query Select window.

Select Edit | Inputs... from the report window.

Under Inputs: click the Multi-Vaule check box on the VDN data item row, then click OK.

In the report window, right click on the table that will house the data and select Format Table.

Select the Data tab and find VDN in the Available Data: list and click Add to move it to the Data on Table: list. Move it up by clicking the Up button so it's after the ROW_DATE and before VECTOR data items.

Click on the Format tab. Change the VDN "Show Value As" to number if you want to display it as the VDN number and not the CMS dictionary name. Click OK.

Right Click on the VDN: data item at the top of the report window (NOT the VDN column in the table) If you don't want it there anymore, click on Delete, or if you want it to list the VDNs you ran the report on leave it, but if you want it to list the numbers instead of the name, right click and select Format and uncheck the Show Value as Name checkbox and click OK.

Select Report | Save in the report window.

Run your report. Separate non-contiguous numbers by using a semi-colon ie: (12345;23456) and contigous nubers with a dash (ie 12345-12400), you can combine them like this as well (12345-12400;13400;14500) They don't even have to be in order they can be (14500;12345-12400;14500). Sorting is controlled by the report under Format | Sort by menu selection.

That should do it. Let me know if you run into any issues.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

AWESOME!!!! Thank you very much. I sent this in to the corp office 2 months ago and was told that they didnt have the time and to give them a PO so they could hire Avaya to create one for me. This worked PERFECT!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back