Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom call handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

saexpress

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2004
US
Hello,

I have an IP Office 403 unit with Voicmail Pro. What I'm trying to do is take action on a call before it rings to a user's phone.

For example, if somebody calls my extention directly (through a DID), I want to play a short announcement before ringing my phone.

I figure it would be similar to the way we have our "Auto-Attendant" setup where it picks up calls and plays a menu for callers, then transfers them.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You are exactly correct. Set the incoming call route to a voicemail module (VM:BobsPhone). Connect the start point to a generic token, setup your intro as an entry prompt, and connect the next on the generic to a transfer token that sends the caller on to you.

If you want to do this for large numbers of extensions, instead of VM: modules use shortcodes that end in the extension numbers. YOu can then use the MSN configurator to mass digit manipulate the DID's so they point to the shortcodes instead of the extensions.

Peter

you seem to have the basic concept

Point the incomming call route to a VM startpoint
either VM:<NodeName> or a ShortCode - personaly I would use a short code entry as it is easier to test.

creat the VM Call Flow by linking in a transfer action (or supervised Transfer)

in entry prompts for the tfer action set the wave file you wish to play & untick "allow prompts to be interupted by tones"

In specific set the extn number you wish to transfer too.

you can record the wav file from the handset in V.2x or you could creat a seperate menue to enable the user to record the Wav file at will.

Thanks for the help!

I'm just not quite sure what you mean by using a shortcode. Do you set the incoming call route to a shortcode? If so, what do you specify as the shortcode action?

Thanks again.

type the short code in the incomming call route destination eg 666
(do not use # as a prefix or it will not work)

then creat the short code(s) as follows

ShortCode 666 (or anything else)
Number "Short Codes.<name>"
feature VoicemailCollect

this has changed slightly in V2+ but the manager will auto correct anyway :)

now create your VM short code entry with the same name.

dialing 666 or calling the ddi will route to your VM callflow.

Now why would you pick 666? Are you suggesting saexpress is (crook pinky finger) Evil?

saexpress are you (crook pinky finger) Evil???

I normaly pick easy to remember shortcodes.

& if it is a function that has been causeing problems ...
;-)

Haha... you never know. Any decent BOFH should have the extension 666 :)

That seems to work pretty good, thanks!

Hmmm, another question now. I'll try just adding it to this thread and see if anyone sees it.

Does anyone know of a way to have the Voicemail Pro server play audio from a different source than a WAV file? Whether it's an Entry Prompt or some other form, I'd like to play audio to a caller that's pulled from a third party media player like Winamp or WMP.

Not talking about MOH but a replacement for playing audio from a WAV file within VM Pro.

Thanks again!

sorry muust be a wav (& in the correct format as well)
the only option is to take the source file & convert it to a wav,

I supose that it would be posible to execute a VB script that would do this on a call by call basis if the file is subject to change but i suspect the delays involved would make it far more agro than it is worth.

remember the golden rule KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back