Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM Extensions in 0000-0999 range - Can they be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
All - Just posted this to TAC, but thought I'd throw it out there for a real-world insight....

We're currently running 11.5.1.14900-11 for our Cisco Call Manager and 11.6.2.10000-38 (ES02-28) for UCCX. We have a block of extensions in the 0000-0999 range that are unused.

Can that range be used as telephone extensions in CUCM or as triggers/CTI route points for UCCX? I can't see any reason why they cannot be used, but am worried there are caveats do using them.

As an experiment, I created extension "0000" and attached it to my phone. I was able to call that extension internally with no problem. I don't see why I couldn't attach numbers in that range to a translation pattern or as a CTI route point/trigger in UCCX.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

You can use whatever extensions you want. It just all depends on your dial plan configuration as to whether itll work correctly or not.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Thanks. That was the confusing part. If I go to Call Routing > Dial Plan Installer, there are no dial plans listed. Our call center has route-patterns that begin with *00XX, but that * at the beginning makes the route plan specific and eliminates any pattern matching that might occur.

Forgot to mention - TAC also said that we could use those extensions.

Dial Plan is your entire systems configuration for dialing. Its not a menu you click.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

The best way to check of number usage is Call Routing -> Route Plan Report.
Then you will be able to see if there are any overlaps or conflicts.

thepfy - Thanks. Prior to posting this thread, I did run through the numbers looking for conflicts. Per your advice (something I should have thought of), I checked the route-plan report, and there were no overlaps.

I figured they could be used, but thought I'd ask. The back-story to this thread is that I've seen 0000-0999 go unused at multiple companies. I had assumed that it was because no one wanted an extension that started with a zero. But I'd seen it so often I began to question myself and wonder if I was not understanding something. I knew that dial plans could make a difference, but I'd never seen call / park pickup codes and other codes in the 00xx range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back